Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Well done stanstead

(8 Posts)
Stradbroke Tue 26-May-15 21:52:59

I've had a pig of a day traveling with the family including DD (6). She totally kicked off on the pane when we were coming it to land. Hitting her brother, kicking the seat in front, trying to undo her seatbelt. DH had to restrain her which resulted in screaming. You can imagine - it was awful.
We got off the plane and when we got to paspprt control there was an incredibly long, snaking queue. I just knew we were going to have a repeat of the plane. I found a woman behind a desk, told her my daughter had SN, had just kicked off on the plane and that I didn't think she could cope with the line. She simply said not a problem and took us to the front and we went to the next available person. Honestly it saved my sanity when we all had very little left. And it was so great that she just accepted what I said with no questions and sorted us out.

Sirzy Tue 26-May-15 21:58:36

Fantastic!

PolterGoose Tue 26-May-15 21:59:27

It's so lovely when that happens, well done Stanstead smile

I've said it before on here, but we had similar when ds had a meltdown in a tube station and we were stuck between escalators and he refused to go on one, so a lovely tube man stopped an escalator and we walked down.

senvet Tue 26-May-15 23:22:47

There are some fantastic folks out there

LoupDeLou79 Wed 27-May-15 15:39:16

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Ineedmorepatience Wed 27-May-15 18:55:00

Well done to stanstead indeed!!

We have been away this week and have had some really good experiences of being out and about with 3 auty children and some really rubbish ones.

youarekiddingme Wed 27-May-15 21:38:01

Well done Stansted.

Lovely to hear positive stories of people actually being supportive.

FunnyHowThingsWorkOut Wed 27-May-15 21:51:05

I'm a bit teary. So many posts about how misunderstood and unsupported our children are anxand then this. Delighted.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now