Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Free SEN resources from volunteer autism mum

(4 Posts)
AbaTeachingIdeas Mon 16-Feb-15 09:02:44

Hi all,

I am a parent of two beautiful children. A neurotypical girl aged 10 and a boy aged 7.5 diagnosed with ASD. We run an ABA verbal behaviour full time programme for my son and we have had great success. I am a graduated teacher and since starting ABA and following my son's amazing progress, I have volunteered to put a website together where I share information that has been useful to me and resources that I have created for my son over the last 3 years. I am currently doing an ABA MSc and I'm hoping to obtain my BCBA certification to eventually help more children thrive! My Facebook page has lots of ideas that can be helpful for those running ABA based programmes at home and in school. They are also great for general SEN teaching. I publish lots of plans for you to work with your kids through play and help them develop language, functional and play skills as well as ideas for teaching in other areas.

My Facebook fan page and website have lots of free printable resources, no registration required and some materials have been recommended by NHS OT like writing motorway materials, as I incorporate SALT and OT into my son's therapy. I also publish articles I find useful for families and professionals.

If your experience with ABA hasn't been as good or if you are not into it, please be respectful as I'm not seeking to impose it on anyone. I just want to make you aware that it is out there.

**I'm not selling anything or being paid by any organisation. I just love ABA VB and how it can help our children progress.

Facebook fan page:
https://m.facebook.com/abateachingideas

http://abateachingideas.wix.com/aba-teaching-ideas

Twitter: @abateachingidea

Thank you!

yazzy85 Mon 16-Feb-15 14:54:05

Thanks for sharing the links. My son is being assessed for asd and I've watched a tv program on ABA last year. This will hopefully help us help him at home.

AbaTeachingIdeas Mon 16-Feb-15 18:28:50

Yazzy you can start with the basics before you get there and you will understand things much better. The verbal behaviour approach by mary Barbera is a great book. Mary is a mother of an autistic child like me who is also a BCBA-D and Her book was the first thing my Aba consultant recommended. My website has info on how to start a home program and templates for ad for therapists etc. In addition to the resources. Good luck! smile

yazzy85 Mon 16-Feb-15 22:39:33

That's very helpful. Thanks for the advice flowers

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: