Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

anyone else still waiting for statemented to be amended to name secondary school placement?

(3 Posts)
bjkmummy Sat 07-Feb-15 15:48:39

code of practice says the statement must be amended by 15th Feb to name secondary placement.

my son in indie school won via tribunal 2 years ago. at AR in dec LA refused to confirm they would name the school for secondary and said it would be 'discussed'

since then silence - school sent the AR paperwork and said we want him to remain there, they want him to remain there, son wants to remain there and he is happy and looking forward to go up to the secondary part of the school.

DH think LA just playing games especially in light of the recent tribunal over one of our other children.

so just wondered if anyone else is still waiting or my LA being particulary ridiculous making us wait so long

Bowwowchikkawowwow Sat 07-Feb-15 20:00:16

Ds is in MS, we have been offered indie for Y7 by LA. He has been assessed by the school and everything is agreed.

We havent had an updated statement with place named yet.

Also we have transfer review meeting next month for EHCP.

OneInEight Sun 08-Feb-15 13:13:32

Our LA totally missed the dead-line for ds2 last year which ironically probably worked in our favour as we got him transferred to the school of our choice early. We had more of a problem with ds1 as they insisted on naming what we considered an unsuitable school. I think even for him we didn't get the letter till February although we had had a meeting in December to discuss the placement. Luckily they did concede to our choice but not until right at the end of the school year which meant he had no transitioning period.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: