Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

DLA & Child Tax credit

(12 Posts)
adrianna22 Fri 06-Feb-15 20:43:44

Hi everyone

I received DLA a month ago and I told Child Tax credit about this.

Well my Child Tax credit automatically increased. Though I'm a bit worried as it's quite high, as they back dated it. Plus, who do I need to inform about the changes e.g council Tax, income support etc. Would the increase of my child tax credit affect anything else?

Also, would this effect my chances of receiving legal aid for DS appeal?


fairgame Fri 06-Feb-15 21:22:29

I still got legal aid on full benefits with additional ctc. You just need to let housing benefit know but it shouldn't make a difference as you are on income support. It shouldn't affect anything else because full income support entitles you to everything.

adrianna22 Fri 06-Feb-15 21:35:50

Thank you fairgame.


adrianna22 Fri 06-Feb-15 21:38:45

Posted to soon.

I actually don't get income support as DS is 5 now. So I receive JSA instead.

fairgame Fri 06-Feb-15 21:45:40

If you get MRC or HRC then you can go back on income support and claim carers allowance. Speak to the job centre.

Frusso Sat 07-Feb-15 07:12:19

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Frusso Sat 07-Feb-15 07:14:20

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

adrianna22 Sat 07-Feb-15 10:53:42

Thanks Frusso and Fairgame.

DS has been awarded High rate care but no mobility, is this the severe disability element?

I am worried about housing benefit and how the increase may effect it.

fairgame Sat 07-Feb-15 11:39:39

The increase will not affect housing benefit if you go onto income support. Income support entitles you to full housing benefit. You need to ring the dwp and swap onto income support and carers allowance asap.

adrianna22 Sat 07-Feb-15 12:28:41

sent you a PM fairgame

Frusso Sat 07-Feb-15 12:35:15

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

VelmaD Mon 09-Feb-15 18:33:49

I receive part housing benefit and actually receive more now we receive DLA and the ctc associated with it as the disability part of the council tax and housing benefit disregards more income than I receive

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: