Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Plan rewrite

(9 Posts)
Bilberry Thu 05-Feb-15 14:35:44

I have re-written my ds CSP to actually include some support (just what he is receiving) so I will be interested to see what the LA say. A cynical person might think forgetting to invite me to the meeting, only giving me the draft 30 minutes before and putting in ridiculously vague 'support' might have been done on purpose hmm. Oh, and I found out that his SALT wasn't invited to the meeting either even though she is the principal provider of that support! (She wasn't best pleased).

senvet Thu 05-Feb-15 14:45:35

Way to go!

Bilberry Thu 05-Feb-15 18:30:01

They have both (HT and LA Rep) replied saying they are going to investigate further....

Bilberry Mon 16-Feb-15 21:39:40

The LA have sent me an email saying they are going to write to me explaining why they are giving themselves an extension to the time limits for a CSP following my amendments.angry I've checked through the reasons they are allowed to do this and the only reason that comes close is an exceptional circumstance one that after receiving views from me they need to seek extra advice and cannot do this within the time limits. It is surely not 'exceptional circumstances' for me to comment on their draft and to suggest this inclusion of recommendations from their own reports! angry

senvet Mon 16-Feb-15 22:58:59

It may be worth pointing out that you have included only extracts from their own reports and it will therefore be very quick for them to respond, because you just know that they would never want to break the deadline when there were no exceptional circumstances....

Good Luck

Bilberry Tue 17-Feb-15 13:30:18

Thanks, Senvet. I have done pretty much as you have suggested.

Our LA SEN department have had a big review done recently which concluded they weren't complying with the law. But not to worry, there are intending to sort that out - over the next 5 to 10 years! confused

senvet Tue 17-Feb-15 14:01:12

WOW! Who did their review?
And can you quote it in your reply. as in, "we wouldn't want those inspector-folk hearing that you weren't complying with the law, so let me help you sort this quick before they notice"

Meaning, without saying so, "do what I say or I might well tell them"

Icimoi Tue 17-Feb-15 15:47:57

So much for all that stuff we had about how under the new Act the whole process would be much more inclusive, children and parents would be at the centre of the process and would be listened to, blah blah blah. It could be worth quoting that stuff in section 19 of the Act at them, i.e. where it says the LA must pay attention to the need to help the child to "achieve the best possible educational and other outcomes."

Bilberry Tue 17-Feb-15 19:55:46

Well they came back saying they need more time as they have to consult on my comments as they couldn't agree the plan without SALT agreeing (even though they didn't invite SALT to the meeting it was meant to be agreed at). The problem is they probably do need more time now but they shouldn't have left it all so late any comments by me would take them over the deadline. They are, of course, blaming me for commenting on the draft!

Icimoi we are in Scotland so different scheme but the same story about inclusiveness/child centred not being followed. We got 3 hours notice of the meeting hence why I declined to agree anything at it! Senvet it was council appointed consultants and the council and the consultants were both at a meeting with SEN parents meeting where they said this. It seems they are pretty laid back about complying with the law!hmm

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: