Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

How long before DLA renewal do forms arrive?

(17 Posts)
hazeyjane Tue 03-Feb-15 16:00:36

Ds's DLA care and mobility is up for renewal in July - does anyone have a rough idea of when the forms should come?

PolterGoose Tue 03-Feb-15 18:34:42

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

twinkcat Tue 03-Feb-15 22:08:08

I got the renewal forms a couple of weeks ago and the renewal date is 19th May

hazeyjane Wed 04-Feb-15 06:39:04

Thankyou Twink, that gives me an idea when to expect them.

Good idea, Polter. I hate having them hanging over me, and now I have college work (ulp) I want to start getting them out of the way.

Thanks both smile

Rainicorn Wed 04-Feb-15 06:43:57

Mine was due this month, got the forms end of September. Used to be 6 months, maybe they're just overloaded with work?

Took 6 days from them receiving to agreeing though, so hopefully a quick turnaround for you as well.

hazeyjane Wed 04-Feb-15 07:11:26

Thanks Rainicorn (Love your name!!)

Yes, I remember the last one coming 6 months before, so I have been on tenterhooks!

Bloody thing, I hate it.

Rainicorn Wed 04-Feb-15 07:56:32

I hate doing it to, it causes so much stress doesn't it. Thankfully, and I know how lucky we have been, DS2 has been given a 7 year award, so up to adulthood. Such a relief.

While you're waiting, get together all the evidence you can get your hands on, it does help.

hazeyjane Wed 04-Feb-15 09:44:35

Will crawl through the mountains of paperwork, later!

I really hope that ds gets a longer award this time, I guess they think that his lifelong genetic condition may get better after 2 years!

PolterGoose Wed 04-Feb-15 09:49:49

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Rainicorn Wed 04-Feb-15 11:27:14

Yeah our awards have gotten longer each time.mfirst was 2 years, 2nd was 5 and now til he is 16.

sweetteamum Wed 04-Feb-15 13:50:27

Thanks for asking this hazeyjane. My son's is due to run out on 30 June. So I may print a draft copy off and go through this darn form sad

AliceinWinterWonderland Wed 04-Feb-15 17:48:51

Ds1's renewal is due in July adn we have not received the forms yet either. I did get the "end of fiscal year" one today, and thought it might be the renewal forms, but no.

ouryve Wed 04-Feb-15 18:37:26

Should be any time now. I've had them as much as 6 months ahead.

ck2015 Tue 10-Feb-15 20:24:39

I sent my sons renewal off in january got letter dated the 21st saying they received my form and all information I put with it on the 16th and says if they dont have enough info they will contact gp or someone who knows how it affects him or arrange a doctor to examine him or write ti me asking me for more info or arrange someone from my local social security office to come see him and if I havent heard from them within 8 wks get in contact what does this letter mean does it look good or bad or is just standard procedure thanks to anyone who can help

JellyCurls Tue 10-Feb-15 21:26:02

Ck2015 that's standard letter. We got that about 2 weeks after I sent forms in. Our award letter came about a week after our last award ran out. That was one stressful week.

Hazeyjane, we got our forms 3 months before award ran out

ck2015 Wed 11-Feb-15 17:56:46

Thankyou jellycurls my sons award runs out 1st of april how long did you wait between receiving the letter I received till after your award ran out was it longer than the 8 weeks they have said on the letter thankyou

ck2015 Wed 11-Feb-15 20:24:37

Also is it backdated if awarded anything till date they receive form or when your current award runs out many thanks

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: