Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Sensory 'squidgy and chewy' toy for dd to take to nursary?

(9 Posts)
InsaneDuck Thu 29-Jan-15 10:31:51

My dd has a few sensory problems, she has a dummy which she chews, twiddles and squashes. its a need for her.. her nursary has been fine with dd taking the dummy in with her but have now changed their minds :-/ but said she could take a sensory toy instead.

Sooo, anyone know where I can get such a toy that is safe to be chewed And can be squished? I've found toys that can be chewed but are not squishy and visa versa but nothing that can be both (dummies just fit her need so well!)

Thank you for any help in hunting down such an object grin

Spindelina Thu 29-Jan-15 10:56:47

Would a Sophie giraffe work?

PolterGoose Thu 29-Jan-15 11:08:03

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

hazeyjane Thu 29-Jan-15 11:13:20

Ds has a necklace from they do some really nice things, although at the moment he is chewing fabric (his tshirt collars are chewed to pieces) so I am looking for something a bit more fabric-y. The trouble with things like Sophie (which ds also loved) is the squeakyness! There are some nice simple chewy teething things on Amazon though, with no squeaks!!

InsaneDuck Thu 29-Jan-15 13:10:56

Thank you for your suggestions.
I will have a look later when I get a few more mins to myself grin

InsaneDuck Thu 29-Jan-15 19:15:53

I'm liking the sound of the bangles for dd, they may help her to stop chewing on herself too hmm (which she does when anxious over something) Not to sure they would cover the 'squidgy' side of things though?

We have one of them giraffes already, but dd isn't interested in it.

Will have a proper browse at the sites given for some bedtime reading tonight, fingers crossed can find something suitable and that dd will take to it! grin

PolterGoose Thu 29-Jan-15 19:55:35

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Everydayaschoolday Sat 31-Jan-15 10:33:58 Some chewing aids are on page 10. I've ordered a few items from Fleglings (over the phone) and they're a super company.

InsaneDuck Sat 31-Jan-15 12:23:03

Thanks for everyones help, it is very much appreciated smile

I have ordered dd a bangle and a toggle tag (that can be attached to the dummy chain the dummy is on)

So fingers crossed the bangle will save dd wrist from being munched to much, and the toggle tag will replace the chewing on dummy in time. I'm not sure they are going to replace the squidgyness she loves but its worth a try.

Now just hope nursary approve!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now