Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Stress and anxiety - panic attacks?

(4 Posts)
bbkl Mon 26-Jan-15 22:55:14

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

GoldBl3nd Tue 27-Jan-15 00:46:20

Yes it sounds like a panic attack to me. Got two here that experience similar symptoms.

Perhaps sit down with her and go through some coping strategies with her. Actually knowing herself that it is a panic attack may just help as she would maybe spot a warning sign earlier on and seek help rather than get into a full on state x

Go through with her stage by stage how she felt. Get her to practice on you when she feels like this again at home. Lots of deep breathing, chance to get out to a bigger space to remove her from what's triggered it. Find out what she feels helps it go away.

One of my DDs likes listening to her music LOUD (headphones!) and breathing deep smile

bbkl Tue 27-Jan-15 06:55:50

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Ineedmorepatience Tue 27-Jan-15 08:05:19

I went to a conference recently where there was a dutch lady talking about mindfullness, this was specifically aimed at people with autism but there are mainstream versions aswell.

I thought it would be really useful for Dd3 but not sure how we would implement it or when!

Definitely talk to your Dd about panic attacks, I have recently been learning that our children need to be given the vocab that describes their feelings because they dont learn it by osmosis like NT children do.

Good luck flowers

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: