Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Anyone else's dc wake up screaming in the night in meltdown?

(7 Posts)
greener2 Fri 23-Jan-15 00:28:14

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

zzzzz Fri 23-Jan-15 01:05:36

greener I have five! Sometimes the bed roulette is just ridiculous. Let it blow past you, it's just exhausting. Honk honk

senvet Fri 23-Jan-15 01:39:47

Lots of parents of ASD kids have this - but I guess you would rather have solutions than consolation.

Obviously each child is unique and something that works for one might be useless for another, but here are some of the things that have worked for others - apologies if you have tried them all - just trying on the off-chance that they help

1) sleeping in same room - pretty common
2) having some music/telly that is special interest but calming to come on
3) deep pressure eg pressure on palm, press ups against a wall etc
4) a calming room with familiar things to go until melt down over - seems to work at night if it is the same one that is used in the day - ideally own bedroom is low-stimulation anyway
5) regular exercise through the day to get dcs worn out

And (6) for other family members, ear defenders, ear plugs, soothing music playing

There will be plenty more ideas from the others on this board as they wake up through the night.

Thinking of you all and wishing you the very best

PolterGoose Fri 23-Jan-15 08:47:17

millimoohoo Fri 23-Jan-15 09:46:28

sounds familiar greener I constantly tried out things to calm my ds, different night lights, played quiet music, used meditation tape and the only thing that settled him was sleeping next to me. I cant add much except to say things improved in time as they hopefully will for your dd. Best Wishes flowers

greener2 Fri 23-Jan-15 10:16:44

senvet Fri 23-Jan-15 22:34:37

well done for well earned lie in greener

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now