Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Ds starting his trial with an AAC device today....excited!!

(8 Posts)
hazeyjane Fri 16-Jan-15 09:45:00

Exciting day! Ds is starting a trial for an AAC device like this www.smartboxat.com/products/sb10/. It will be fantastic if, when he is pantomiming and 'uh uh uh ing' me a story, and I have no idea what he is trying to tell me, he will be able to use this device to tell us what he means...fingers crossed!!

PolterGoose Fri 16-Jan-15 13:20:58

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Ineedmorepatience Fri 16-Jan-15 13:48:39

Wow, looks great hope it helps him (and you) grin

senvet Sat 17-Jan-15 11:13:33

fingers and toes crossed

PolterGoose Sat 17-Jan-15 11:23:25

hazeyjane Sat 17-Jan-15 18:24:09

Well ds loves it. He keeps going to get it, and so far he has told me various things are 'pants', that he has a pain in his bottom and that he likes 'black, black, black' (must be the influence of his goth aunty). He finds it pretty easy to navigate, and we have had some fun looking at books and playing a game with different colour cars. I am making notes, so school can use it effectively with him.

On a technical note, I have managed to turn it off and not be able to turn it back on again, and have had to call technical support twice as the front screen keeps freezing.

...oh and it is a bit weird to have a middle aged american man asking, me for, 'juice, juice, juice, mommy.'!!

PolterGoose Sat 17-Jan-15 18:34:19

Ineedmorepatience Sat 17-Jan-15 18:40:13

Fantastic news hazey grin

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: