Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Just heard result of transition review....

(11 Posts)
PandasRock Thu 15-Jan-15 12:12:45

... And we got it! grin grin

So dd1 can stay at her amazingly fabulous school for secondary, and all smoothly done. I can't believe it. I was sure, given the progress she has made (and she was reassessed by the LA, so we were really bricking it) that the LA would try to remove ABA. But no. Dd1 stays.

<off to line up the gin for post school run>

Upandatem Thu 15-Jan-15 12:23:03

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

PandasRock Thu 15-Jan-15 13:10:50

Thanks, Upandatem.
How's ds1 doing? I'm not about MN half as much as I used to be, but t was the first place I wanted to share the news when I heard - after all, dd1 wouldn't be at her school in the first place without all the help from here many years ago!

Hope all is well with you

Upandatem Thu 15-Jan-15 13:17:52

PandasRock Thu 15-Jan-15 13:26:00

Glad all is ok - school sounds good.

Yes, we can't complain at the support we've (eventually - it took a while!) had. It's been 5 years of ind SS for dd1 now, and now secondary has been approved it's hard to see that it won't be another (at least) 5 years. Such a relief. Maybe LAs are beginning to realise the ling term benefits - who knows?

Still, we can go ahead with the house extension now, safe in the knowledge we don't have to skip county anytime soon wink

Upandatem Thu 15-Jan-15 13:28:25

PolterGoose Thu 15-Jan-15 13:45:10

StarlightMcKenzee Thu 15-Jan-15 16:16:55

Phew! Well done. Hope this represents years of peace.

Ineedmorepatience Thu 15-Jan-15 16:37:33

Great news pandas grin

PandasRock Thu 15-Jan-15 16:45:35

Thanks everyone smile

It should mean years of peace - we've had an uncontested statement since 2010 now, and so it would be very hard for them to suddenly think a different placement is more suitable.

It's quite weird - I've got all this free time which I had mentally allocated to re-fighting for provision! It's quite a weight off, that's for sure.

blanklook Thu 15-Jan-15 17:05:55

What fabulous news Pandas

[fireworks and champagne-corks popping emoticon]

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now