Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

We got a statement!

(12 Posts)
xenzani Thu 08-Jan-15 08:16:05

I received dd2s proposed statement yesterday!

Another one up to me against her old school, they told me she wouldn't get one and they were wrong, and they did do it for her behaviour!

Anyway, just having someone check it is all okay, to me it seems to be although I have never seen one before so really wouldn't know. Loads of stuff in part 3, all the objectives seem to have quite in depth provisions to help reach them. Under funding and resources, it says 25 hours per week learning support assistance will be required, although doesn't say how those hours are to be used, unless the objectives and provision accounts for that.

I don't know how long she will be at the PRU for, but it still seems the best place for her, even with the statement, going back to mainstream terrifies me in case a repeat of her last school happens, but with the statement/support, it shouldn't. No school named on it yet.

PolterGoose Thu 08-Jan-15 09:04:13

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

sweetteamum Thu 08-Jan-15 10:18:31

That's brilliant news. Well done you.

I don't suppose the 25 hrs are full time are they? Apart from breaks and lunchtimes. Rather than being taken out for 1 hour here and there.

adrianna22 Thu 08-Jan-15 11:59:03

Well done!grin

Tambaboy Thu 08-Jan-15 12:45:27

Fab news, well done!

mumsuz Thu 08-Jan-15 13:34:37

That is really good to hear! Congrats.

AttilaTheMeerkat Thu 08-Jan-15 13:34:43

xenzani

I would run this past someone like IPSEA or SOSSEN if you have not already done so. Parts 2 and 3 are the most important parts of this document and these have to be right.

"Under funding and resources, it says 25 hours per week learning support assistance will be required, although doesn't say how those hours are to be used, unless the objectives and provision accounts for that".

This is the bit that would concern me because support in law has to be both specified and quantified. I really hope this proposed document is up to muster but you need to be prepared for the scenario that it may not be.

2boysnamedR Thu 08-Jan-15 13:45:05

Well done

Ineedmorepatience Thu 08-Jan-15 14:19:22

Great news xen I agree with attila though about getting it checked and make sure it is water tight!!

They often use language such as "Access to" or "Would benefit from" This is not specific enough and you need to question it.

Brilliant that you got it though and that your Dd is more settled grin flowers

Babieseverywhere Thu 08-Jan-15 14:41:47

Well done smile

xenzani Thu 08-Jan-15 14:51:26

I am getting it checked, the charity that helped get the LA to change their mind about assessing will be going over it, need to get it scanned to send it properly to her, in the mean time she has photos of it.

I won't be signing it until fully happy and ready for the fight if it isn't right.

Also makes me wonder if we would have got one sooner, before we got to this stage.

Thanks all!

senvet Thu 08-Jan-15 16:50:43

Great win
Glad you have a charity on board as well.

They will sort whether there is a genuine case for 25 hours, ie there are times when no help is needed, or whether it is just a figure plucked from the air in the hope that dd's difficulties vanish for part of the day to suit their budget

Just to add to the list of unspecific nonsense
'regular'
'recommended'

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now