Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Bloody exhausted!

(6 Posts)
crochetsavesmysanity Fri 26-Dec-14 17:42:34

Dd is almost 14,with AS.
All of December has been hard work, as many of you will understand.
However, I really feel that I have reached my limit and am exhausted.

It's the constant need to know: What's happening next? What should she wear? Are we watching a DVD at x time, cos we always do that at Christmas? Where will her presents go? Etc;etc. Oh and as her anxiety levels are up, her need for reassurance about everything is massively increased. It's as though the same questions and statements are on an endless loop with her.

As loads of you will have had the same issues, I'm sure you 'get' what it's like.
We have strategies in place and she is so much better at coping as she gets older, but it's bloody hard work.
It's so intense and suffocating at times and I feel like I need to go and hide in the bathroom to have a good cry.

She is sleeping at GPs tonight with her sister, 'suggested' by dh and I! She enjoys it and is happy to go, but I am fully expecting countless texts. She is also really stressed about tomorrow's change in routine and countless other issues.

In some ways, it would be easier to abandon the sleepover, but I am so desperate for some time to try to recharge my batteries and to try to switch off.

Sorry for the whinge, I just felt like I needed to get it all off my chest in a safe place. I don't want to get upset in RL and unsettle dd any more.
I feel better for even writing it down smile

PolterGoose Fri 26-Dec-14 18:15:07

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

crochetsavesmysanity Fri 26-Dec-14 19:35:23

Yeah, that's so true, PolterGoose. Thank you. Hope you manage to get a bit of time to yourself too.
Definitely need to hit the bottle tonight!

Housesoftheglitterybaubles Fri 26-Dec-14 20:04:50

thanks I know what you mean about the suffocation my Ds is very repetitive and he literally steps where I step all day when he's at home like my shadow.

It is tiring and so much hard work all the planning, predicting, explaining and second guessing! I hope you get a rest this eve at least

crochetsavesmysanity Sat 27-Dec-14 10:05:56

house are you also describing my dd? smile
Thanks for your reply.

Another wearing feature is her asking me constantly if I'm okay. We have done all the emotional literacy stuff ad finitum, but if I don't have a rictus grin on my face, she thinks something is wrong. Ironically, I would look a lot happier if she stopped asking!
Hope things are going as okay for you as they can.

Ineedmorepatience Sat 27-Dec-14 10:21:34

Hi crochet I also have a Dd who is suffocating at times. I call her my limpet!!

She needs to be touching me or within sight of me most of the time. It is very draining.

She also does the questioning thing but I think I must zone out because that doesnt stress me any more.

Me and Dp went out, alone, together in the evening for the first time in around 2 years the other night! shock It was a struggle and nearly didnt happen due to Dd2 being a drama queen (she was our Dd3 sitter) but we did manage it in the end and thoroughly enjoyed it grin

Hang in their we are with you, you are never alone on this board flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now