Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

autism and father christmas!

(7 Posts)
frankiebuns Wed 24-Dec-14 10:20:26

My ds is 4 and is hyper about Xmas and excited about Santa coming until this morning he's decided he's scary and is going to wait up for him and set a trap and is totally petrified and I know he's going to try and stay up. I've tried to be upbeat etc but nothing's wrong help! He's very astute and wise I'm clueless how to act

PolterGoose Wed 24-Dec-14 11:10:54

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

MooMummyMoo Wed 24-Dec-14 11:57:12

I agree with Polter. Take it out of his hands, tell him you have spoken to Father Christmas and he's going to drop the presents next door/ at Granny's/by the front door - whatever makes sense in your situation.

frankiebuns Thu 25-Dec-14 18:59:28

Thanks he's been a nightmare all day and has nearly broken the window twice

fairgame Thu 25-Dec-14 19:15:15

flowers
The day is nearly over thank god and soon everything will be back to normal. You are not alone and your DS will not the only one wreaking havoc today!
Judging by the main boards a lot of kids are having tantrums today shock

DS decided to go to bed early at 7.30 last night but he was so excited that he didn't go to sleep til 10.45. He was up at just before 6 this morning!
Everything went brilliant til dinnertime where he decided to get up and bugger off half way through leaving me to eat xmas dinner on my own. Then he dropped some of his lego and this led to a massive meltdown where he decided to trash his room and tell me that he wanted to send all of his presents back. It took him about an hour to calm down.
It just gets too much for them sometimes, they get overwhelmed and unsettled so easily.

frankiebuns Wed 31-Dec-14 18:35:34

It took 4 days for my son to calm down and his behaviour still isn't right! I love the idea of Xmas always have but really dread it each year!

LastNightaKinderEggSavedMyLife Wed 31-Dec-14 20:30:15

frankie sorry to hear that. I totally relate it was only ds, 5yo and I at home and it was very low key but ds was all over the place. He was up at 3am, found the presents over whelming and started breaking everything by the afternoon.

He only started to get back to normal a couple of days ago and has been a lot better since I took the tree down and all Christmassy things are gone.

I too am dreading next year already thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now