Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

DLA another question - sorry

(6 Posts)
JellyCurls Thu 18-Dec-14 06:35:41

Do DLA always acknowledge that they have forms and are processing them? 3 weeks now till ours runs out and we have heard nothing from them. They signed for forms at end of November so I know they are in Blackpool office, just not that they have made it onto a desk yet.

Would rather know sooner if DD still qualifies for mobility so we can look into our car and blue badge situation

MonkeyPuzzler Thu 18-Dec-14 10:16:07

I sent off a new claim and did get a acknowledgment letter but it took about 3 weeks. Can you give them a call to check ? I sent it off start of October and am still waiting but am guessing it might be different for a renewal.

TagineKaput Thu 18-Dec-14 14:18:23

I sent DS's off at the end of October, had an acknowledgement letter after about 2 weeks, and got the decision letter last week (took about 6 weeks in total). Hope you hear soon, but as Monkey says it might be worth calling them to find out the timescale.

OneInEight Fri 19-Dec-14 14:31:16

I have just received my acknowledgement and award letters in the same post. We seem to have been incredibly lucky as it only took them about ten days. I sent loads of reports with the renewal forms so the evidence was pretty strong. Only strange thing is that ds2's has been renewed for four years but ds1's only two.

JellyCurls Fri 19-Dec-14 14:49:20

They have acknowledged receipt of my forms on 10th December.

Gatheringthoughtstothink Fri 19-Dec-14 14:50:38

The law of DLA.
All letters from them must arrive on your doorstep on a Saturday morning, one could get to think that was deliberate, so you couldn't phone them until Monday.

Have three Dc with autism I've been dealing with DLA for 16soddingyears.
The answer to how long is varied,
The quickest I've known them do it within days under the special rules.
The longest I've had to wait is 11 months including battles,appeals etc over my twin DDs. Renewals every two years
Then very surprised when Ds got awarded top rate for both from age 4-16
Getting your MP involved can speed the process up.
It used to be that they had six weeks to contact you, not sure if that's changed, as we've now moved onto ESA.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now