Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

My only "non SN" child is being assessed for AS

(4 Posts)
elliejjtiny Wed 17-Dec-14 23:53:23

I was ok about it until today when DS1 found out about the appointment(he likes looking in my diary so he knows what's going on and checks it most days for updates.) Now he won't stop talking about it as he's so excited and it makes me feel so sad. To put it into context he is the eldest of 5 and all the others have multiple appointments so he is very excited to finally get an appointment of his own.

AdventAlibi Thu 18-Dec-14 00:00:08

brew Very hard with sibs. When your house is uber-AS-friendly, you're always second-guessing yourself with the various environmental factors that might mask real-ASD, or else make NT 'look' neurodiverse. Or maybe that's just me blush. We're off to AssessmentLand for dc3 shortly.

He might be happy to be looking for an explanation for some quirks. As well as the straightforward sibling 'if they have it I want one too' stuff.

PolterGoose Thu 18-Dec-14 10:10:10

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

elliejjtiny Thu 18-Dec-14 17:38:29

Thanks. He doesn't know what the appointment is for as he hasn't asked. He's used to the others seeing the paed. The most important bit as far as he's concerned is which waiting room we will be waiting in (to be fair we will probably be spending more time in the waiting room than seeing the dr). DH has AS and I suspect a lot of the older members of DH's family are undiagnosed AS too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now