Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Post tribunal - waiting.....

(14 Posts)
2boysnamedR Wed 17-Dec-14 22:56:57

Don't want to say too much as don't want to out myself ( very unlikely as the la rep didn't bring his bundle so he won't be looking on MN. Possibly wouldn't even know where to find his own arse with both hands).

Well that was hard. You can't underestimate how hard and nasty these things are. The la was only interested in digging for sh@t on me. Then throwing said shat all over the place.

Wrong move. Judge didn't like it, la only had shat and desperation. I had facts and planning.

Let's see if karma reins. Because I have a long hate list. I won't forget any of this.

Moral of my story so far is that a pissed off mum of a sen child is much like herpes. Screw her over and you'll never be rid ;0)

MistleTOWIEandWine Wed 17-Dec-14 23:32:02

Moral of my story so far is that a pissed off mum of a sen child is much like herpes. Screw her over and you'll never be rid ;0)

Oh yes - how true is that! grin

I am shocked he didn't have his bundle with him (did he even know your name?). Arrogant piece of bs!

Yes, tribunals are hard and nasty.

I hope you get what your dc needs. At least it's over and done with now so you can relax a little until the decision.

Ineedmorepatience Thu 18-Dec-14 07:49:30

Glad the judge didnt like the muck flinging and hope he/she stepped on it!!

I love that sentence about pissed off mums!

Can guarantee my LA rep wont forget her bundle, she is a dragon.

Honking and flapping for you 2boys be kind to yourself flowers

bjkmummy Thu 18-Dec-14 10:53:48

ah Ineed - she may remember the bundle but will she remember the code of practice???? never seen an LA rep yet with it at tribunal.......

this is the hardest part 2boy - the wait for the decision - its incredibly hard and no one prepares you for how much stress the waiting can bring - I hope the decision comes quickly

fairgame Thu 18-Dec-14 16:01:34

Good luck 2boys you deserve to win after all the crap they are putting you through x

Ineedmorepatience Thu 18-Dec-14 16:08:56

bjk pretty sure she didnt have a sencop at the last tribunal and not expecting her to have one this time. I have quoted from both the old and the new code just for balance smile

bjkmummy Thu 18-Dec-14 16:26:57

well the LA EP admitted this week that my LA printed out the june version of the new code and are using that one not the final one that came out in July....... he did ask me if I had a copy of the code but I chose not to directly answer that question as of course I have a copy!

2boysnamedR Thu 18-Dec-14 17:19:52

My la aren't interested in the sencop. Just their graduated response. I did snigger when the judge said their arbitrary levels were illegal and statements are given on need.

Ineedmorepatience Thu 18-Dec-14 19:53:42

Brilliant 2boys smile

uggerthebugger Thu 18-Dec-14 20:49:34

"graduated response" is a phrase I haven't heard anyone use before outside of talking about nuclear warfare. Sounds like the judge retaliated with a devastating retaliatory second strike grin

It is horrible, this bit. No-one can guarantee anything - but from everything you've put down here over the last few months, I can't think of anything that you could have done better, or differently. Whatever happens, hang on to this - you've done everything humanly possible, and many, many parents would not have been capable of that. That kept me going in the weeks I spent waiting for the decision.

wine

uggerthebugger Thu 18-Dec-14 20:57:13

la rep didn't bring his bundle

my LA printed out the june version of the new code and are using that one not the final one that came out in July

<reels>

Mother of God.

I mean, I know that the moral bankruptcy, scheming, and personal attacks on vulnerable people all come as a standard weapons loadout with these people. But not this level of incompetence, surely? It's like the SEN version of Four Lions, FFS.

I know it's totally the wrong way to look at it, but part of me gets insulted at the thought of our taxes paying for this sort of rank fucknuttery. At least put me up against someone who can lie semi-convincingly to a Tribunal judge's face, or dangle the prospect of long-term consultancy work to a panel member. If you're going to be a scheming sociopathic arsehole, can you not at least be a slightly competent one?

Ineedmorepatience Sat 20-Dec-14 10:42:28

That made me smile, through the haze of insanity that is surrounding me at the moment ugger my LA rep is the scheming sociapathic aresole who is actualky very competent at her job, which is of course to save the LA money! She lies without a flicker in tribunal and is a bully.

The last panel we had, saw through her and helped me to stand up to her. We go again very soon and I have everyting crossed that we get a similar panel this time!

Dipankrispaneven Sun 21-Dec-14 23:16:32

EHCPs seem to be bringing out spectacular levels of fucknuttery in local authorities. I was talking to a member of a charity who is seeing a few coming through now, and she is just incredulous at just how bad they are. Apparently they don't understand the time limits, they've more or less given before they start on honouring the requirement for putting the child and family at the centre of the process, and local offers are rubbish. She was telling me about one where they've put virtually all the provision into section E, which means they are putting in utterly stupid "outcomes" which no-one with half a brain could think is an outcome, e.g. receiving X hours of therapy per term; she thought it was because they know that section E isn't appealable and they therefore think they are being clever.

It's really worrying that children are going to have to suffer the consequences of all this. A lot of it is the fault of the government for rushing all this through and failing to fund it properly, but some of the errors are so basic that you have to wonder whether they've even read the regulations and code of practice, let alone understood them.

MeirAyaAlibi Tue 23-Dec-14 09:52:38

If you're going to be a scheming sociopathic arsehole, can you not at least be a slightly competent one grin

Trouble is that typically, about half the department are sociopathic a***eholes, and the rest are lazy/ incompetent/ deluded/ deliberately rendered useless by internal policies/ all of the above

So there's usually a nice 50/50 mix of conspiracy and cockup- which means when you point to something as being the former, they can demonstrate it's probably the latter... making the parent look like someone who's spent far too much time on the internet researching who killed Lady Di and whether the moon landings really took place. Not a great help at Tribunal

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now