Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Need to vent! School/homework related !

(7 Posts)
Ineedmorepatience Wed 17-Dec-14 13:35:54

Ok, so I probably do have a issue with education and with conforming! We will get that out of the way first but....

Dd3 keeps being sent home with homework that is for higher national curriculum levels than those she is working at! Example, she has bought home 4 lots of maths homework that is in booklet form [like a test paper] and on the front it says level 4 -6! Ok fair enough but she is working at level 4 and the teacher says they must complete the booklet [could be Dd3's interpretation]. So she starts off and can tackle the first few questions until she gets beyond the level 4 questions into the level 5 ones of which she can tackle a few, the questions get harder and harder through the booklet and she becomes more and more despondent!

Is it me? I know they have to have high expectations of the children but really!

Last night it was Geography, complete all the sections of homework which will get you a level 5c! Dd3 is working at a 3c in Geography according to the last set of assessments so how is she suddenly supposed to produce work at a 5c standard!! F.....g osmosis! There doesnt seem to be any teaching involved in the process confused

I am tired, fed up and seriously concerned for Dd3, if this is what the next 5 yrs hold I dont think we will make it sad

Ineedmorepatience Wed 17-Dec-14 13:37:25

Sorry vent over!

PolterGoose Wed 17-Dec-14 13:58:31

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Ineedmorepatience Wed 17-Dec-14 14:19:21

Oh god tell me what they dont need guidance on polter!!

They seem to be on a mission to provide me with more and more evidence for my tribunal this last couple of weeks, just as I have sent it all off!!

It is sending me crazy hmm

Ineedmorepatience Wed 17-Dec-14 14:20:45

But of course dd3 must be "fine" because she is playing her trumpet in the christmas concert and she is smiling! confused angry and [losing the will to live emoticon]

Ineedmorepatience Wed 17-Dec-14 14:22:38

But you cant say anything because they are "Outstanding" and have won awards, dont you know!

I dared to voice an opinion in the pretend review meeting last week and it didnt go down well!

Ineedmorepatience Wed 17-Dec-14 14:29:50

We are all so "Fine" sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now