Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Can I ask LA to add information from a new physio report to a proposed statement that is currently being ammended?

(6 Posts)
Thankgoodnessforcheerios Wed 17-Dec-14 12:58:08

Just that really, I have already sent off the amendments I would like.
Ds has however had a recent Physio appointment (private) as there has been a mess up with his referral and the waiting list is long. He scored 6 out of 9 for hyper mobility and will I presume need regular input from a Physio.

streakybacon Wed 17-Dec-14 14:08:28

I would think so. My son's EHCP review/update has been on hold for a few weeks while we sort out arrangements for a therapist. It's for something we've been pursuing for a long time so it needed to be on the document. Personally, I'd pass on the information to your LA, tell them it is relevant to provision so needs to be included, and if they refuse I wouldn't sign the amended copy till they do.

It probably depends a fair bit on how supportive your LA is and how strictly they follow guidelines, too.

Thankgoodnessforcheerios Wed 17-Dec-14 19:36:08

Thanks I will give them a call tomorrow to see what I can do.

streakybacon Wed 17-Dec-14 20:28:05

IPSEA would be able to advise so you might want to give them a call too.

Icimoi Wed 17-Dec-14 20:28:05

Don't bother to call them, send them a copy of the report and say it needs to be included in the statement. It may mean that they're entitled to more time to finalise the statement, but I assume you don't have a problem with that.

Thankgoodnessforcheerios Wed 17-Dec-14 22:12:57

Thanks Icimoi

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now