Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

LEA have backed down and agreed assessment for EHC plan

(4 Posts)
mumsuz Tue 16-Dec-14 14:47:03

Just that really. I am so pleased.

After the LEA's refusal to assess in June, we appealed and had a hearing date fixed for next Feb. We got an ASD diagnosis for my DD at the end of October and it seems that the LEA has changed its mind because of that.

For those who worry about giving your child a "label", for us the diagnosis has opened the initial door. My dd's needs and the school's concerns haven't changed at all since we made the intial request to assess back in June but maybe the diagnosis gives them a framework that they know how to work with.

I know that this is only the first step on a long road but it is the first positive step in our dealings with the LEA so far and it has made my day!

bjkmummy Tue 16-Dec-14 15:55:32

that's fab news and must be such a relief for you. our dd was dx with asd in july but so far my LA are standing firm and gone as far to say to the tribunal that her dx changes nothing in relation to a statement/EHCP which is wrong but my LA is dire.

Watch the timelines now as EHCP move very quickly

Ineedmorepatience Tue 16-Dec-14 16:17:10

Great news mumsuz grin

mumsuz Tue 16-Dec-14 17:31:56

Thanks both.

It seems wrong that they wait and wait until they are pushed but obviously my LEA arent quite as bad as I thought. Hope your LA cave in the end, bjk.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now