Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Aaaarrrrrgggggghhhhh!! Autism, Post viral fatigue and homework!! A really bad combination :-(

(6 Posts)
Ineedmorepatience Sun 14-Dec-14 14:15:44

Dd3 has been off school most of this week with what I think was 2 separate bugs!!

She had a sore throat and cold and was then sick several times over a period of 3 days sad

She meant to go back to school tomorrow and has uust realised that she hasnt done her homework!!

This is going to end horribly, I am very tempted to send anemail but she probably wont let me because she is terrified of getting a "negative" which will lead to a detention sad

Oh joy of joys hmm

Ineedmorepatience Sun 14-Dec-14 14:19:17

Ooops posted to soon, meant to say we walked around the garden centre for an hour earlier and she came home and collapsed on the sofa saying she needed to rest sad

PolterGoose Sun 14-Dec-14 15:03:04

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Ineedmorepatience Sun 14-Dec-14 16:42:34

I agree polter I will be sending off a few emails in the morning I think.

I actually dont think she is well enough to be going at all but am worried about her attendence and that she actually does want to go which is a bit of a stunner from Dd3 because she would normally jump at the chance of having a 4 week Christmas holiday!

Hey ho, will see what tomorrow brings.

OneInEight Sun 14-Dec-14 17:04:50

Agree with Polter try emailing the tutors to see if she can have an extension over the Xmas holidays. Alternatively will she let you help her do the work - I have to admit I have enjoyed neither of the ds's getting homework this term - although I fear that may change next term certainly for ds1. If she is still feeling off-colour tomorrow I would keep her off as in our experience this is when problems were most likely to occur.

Ineedmorepatience Sun 14-Dec-14 17:24:20

She is just exhausted now one, we managed one lot of homework and she has gone for a shower before tea.

I will try the emails tomorrow, I think she will get really stressed if she gets more and especially if she is asked to catch up work from being off.

The trumpet teacher wants her to lead a brass quartet at the xmas concert on Wednesday which could well be the straw that breaks the camels back, so an email to the music teacher too I think!

After my email meltdown on Friday I just want this term to be over, we are done!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now