Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

An update from us.

(4 Posts)
xenzani Sun 14-Dec-14 09:33:56

Thought I'd post an update on dd.

After all the exclusions between beginning if September until half term, school refusing, horrendous behaviour leading to a positive referral to the PRU, school refusing to acknowledge that there may well be something more then her just being naughty and non compliant, saying one thing and then doing something completely different, dd is finally happy!

She loves the unit and loves going each day. She hates the walk there and back (1.5 miles) but she loves going. She started going two hours a day and is now doing three. She has had one huge explosion and a few smaller ones but they deal with them easily. There are three other children in her class with two adults. There is a second class with six children and two adults again.

Dd still has periods of refusing to do work and goes about things the wrong way, if she asks to stay in the classroom for certain things, they will let her. I wish I could keep her there until end of year six. They are meeting her needs fantastically. She is still ticcing like crazy (for her) and sucking/pulling out strands of her hair to chew on.

We have an appointment for the ADOS in April which I'm really hoping that she doesn't comply with and her difficulties are picked up so we do get somewhere with that.

Still waiting on hearing about statementing, should be soon I think, hopefully we get a good one so that when dd goes back to mainstream, it won't fail, I do need to look at schools still but don't know how long she will be at the unit for, my first choice school has male teachers for her year group which is a major problem for her as she struggles around men she doesn't know. I do know there is no way she is going back to her old school. They can't meet her needs or keep her safe or even keep her in school!

Thanks for all the help in the past.

Ineedmorepatience Sun 14-Dec-14 09:48:09

Great news xen I hope things continue to go well for youand your Dd and that you manage to find a suitable school for her. Dont worry if it isnt mainstream there are some great special schools out there.

Also could you ask the Proffs doing the ADOS to do the DISCO instead or aswell? It was designed specifically to pick up those people who are hard to diagnose.

Good luck flowers

OneInEight Sun 14-Dec-14 10:09:25

Brilliant news Xenzani - I have been wondering how you were getting on. Just goes to show what a difference the right support can make to our kids.

PolterGoose Sun 14-Dec-14 15:06:49

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now