Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

To send or not to send , quick poll, tribunal related!

(27 Posts)
Ineedmorepatience Thu 11-Dec-14 11:58:28

I have sent my evidence to SENDIST today but have been advised not to send the LA copy until tomorrow which is the final day!

My LA are known for playing dirty but even so I am finding it really stressful when there is a possibility that they will concede and this could all be over sad

Please help me decide what to do!

billiejeanbob Thu 11-Dec-14 12:17:54

Who advised you not to send to the LA?
I would send it to them now, the tribunal do not like you sitting on evidence.

Ineedmorepatience Thu 11-Dec-14 15:48:13

Thanks billie I have had trouble with the emails today anyway so have had to re attach everything hmm

So stressful! sad

WhoKnowsWhereTheMistletoes Thu 11-Dec-14 15:55:21

I'd send today, it's only a day, what if your email goes down totally tomorrow? Also, don't give the LA a chance to say you were using delaying tactics. Good luck.

bjkmummy Thu 11-Dec-14 16:05:17

next week im sending mine by post to sendist and then hand delivering to the LA offices as I live very close so in effect they will both get them on the same day - I cant email it as its standing at 500 pages long .......

Ineedmorepatience Thu 11-Dec-14 16:30:12

Ok I have sent it and had a message to say one is too big, but not which one! AArrrrgggghhhh. I am losing the will to live sad hmm

Ineedmorepatience Thu 11-Dec-14 16:30:17

Ok I have sent it and had a message to say one is too big, but not which one! AArrrrgggghhhh. I am losing the will to live sad hmm

Ineedmorepatience Thu 11-Dec-14 16:35:10

Mine is probably about 200 pages bjk . I wish I had photocopied now, the stress of turning them all into pdf's and attaching them all to 5 emails has been a sodding nightmare.

I am on the edge today sad

bjkmummy Thu 11-Dec-14 16:43:54

I remember when I did the first one for my son and the LA emailed their final evidence bundle to me - was a nightmare as got so many emails and then they still posted it as well . it caused issues at the tribunal end as after so many emails they think its spam so start rejecting the and if the pdfs too large the tribunal cant cope with them so hence why I post although it an absolute pain and im losing the will to live with the copying

WhoKnowsWhereTheMistletoes Thu 11-Dec-14 16:50:16

I had to split mine for the statutory assessment part over about 6 emails, it took me ages, had to check all the file sizes, make a list of what attachment went with what email and a covering email saying how many other emails. I also phoned the LA person and got her to confirm that she had received them all. I had to do it that way as one of my indie reports wan't ready till the day before my reports were due in, I think for tribunal I posted everything. The last minute emailing was extremely stressful. To say the least. Hang on in there, you can do it.

Ineedmorepatience Thu 11-Dec-14 17:00:09

Well!!! My email is saying its sent and I have received receipts from sendist to say theirs have arrived!

I have resent the LA ones and Cc'ed the director in aswell grin

He promised to look into our situation months ago and has never bothered to get back to me so I thought I would send it all to him to clog up his inbox!

I just need this to stop now, its grinding me down sad

pannetone Thu 11-Dec-14 17:52:42

flowers Ineed

Ineedmorepatience Thu 11-Dec-14 19:14:19

Thanks pannetone smile

bjkmummy Thu 11-Dec-14 21:26:20

are you expecting the LA to serve stuff on you tomorrow?

Ineedmorepatience Thu 11-Dec-14 21:36:55

They have sent something today! It was the paperwork from Dd3's school review meeting last week. I knew it was coming and am not worried about it. They have included 2 pieces of writing which are graded at 4a/5c but which dont meet the criteria for level 3 !!

The only thing I was a bit miffed about was that the meeting wasnt minuted like it normally is so many of my comments about Dd3 accessing support are not included. But I have put loads in my evidence so it doesnt really matter!

Ineedmorepatience Fri 12-Dec-14 10:47:09

Thats it, all sent and all received!!

What a nightmare, remind me if I ever do this again (bloody hope not) to send the paper version by recorded delivery! Email is far too stressful [steam coming out of ears emoticon]

bjkmummy Fri 12-Dec-14 11:50:49

lol I need - I need to get my done but keep just surfing the web instead - time to focus I think! I am doing mine the post route but not sure if its any less stressful given the amount of ink/paper and temperament of the home printer I now have to deal with plus the queue at the post office next Thursday morning is going to be fun

Ineedmorepatience Fri 12-Dec-14 11:55:39

I actually worried myself last night bjk I was so stressed I couldnt think straight.

Then Dd3 was sick in the night and Dd2 had a friend to stay!! I thought I was going to lose it sad
How dare they make us feel like this?!?

Now we wait for our day in court!!

I hope your printer behaves!!

bjkmummy Fri 12-Dec-14 15:58:18

Just ordered a new printer today! One that can do back to back copying in anticipation of the tribunal bundle coming back in January so I can copy it for the witnesses

Ineedmorepatience Fri 12-Dec-14 17:21:16

Yep we will have to pay to get that done too sad

bjkmummy Fri 12-Dec-14 18:35:03

never ends does it? no one warns you about the postage and photocopying costs - got a good deal in tescos today and also ordered a shed load of paper whilst I was it and bulked bought ink. tribunal with my son - printing firm wanted £100 so I sat myself and did it and it took me a week - never again hence why ive bought a copier that can handle back to back copying

Ineedmorepatience Fri 12-Dec-14 20:39:53

Sounds good bjk hope it does what you need it to.

We have been scanning and turning files into pdf's for days!

WhoKnowsWhereTheMistletoes Fri 12-Dec-14 20:43:15

I've found the logistics of managing the paperwork, emails, all the files etc almost as hard as writing my contributions. I lost the whole lot at one point, I accidentally moved it to another folder having just spent 2 hours sorting it all out, I nearly cried. I was able to retrieve it all, but it took another couple of hours. It's no wonder so many fall by the wayside sad

Ineedmorepatience Fri 12-Dec-14 23:01:25

You are right whoknows I heard the other day that my LA issued 3 NIL's around the time they issued Dd3's following refusal to assess tribunals and I am the only person who has gone back to tribunal.

It is very tough and tears have been shed here too!

bjkmummy Fri 12-Dec-14 23:30:09

are you taking any witnesses with you ineed? im the only person in my LA to have ever been issued with a NIL, think im the only person to have appeal against refusal to assess as well. im being quite strong during this one as been here so many times now that I know my LA will take it all the way so just got on and got my evidence sorted - so far the LA have submitted 32 pages of bumpfh - no reports at all whereas im sending them about 500 pages. its just so draining - the only positive is that this stage is all done before xmas

on a positive note my dd was awarded DLA today -also been quite difficult as well in the sense that someone else has read her paperwork and seen the difficulties that she has to deal with .

we will get there - hopefully in a couple of months this will all be a distant dream

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now