Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

DLA query

(11 Posts)
JellyCurls Wed 10-Dec-14 12:39:53

Quick question. DLA for DD is due up on 8th January. We have sent back our forms in November and they arrived as I checked they had been signed for. I have read on here that some people are waiting a long time to hear if they have received their award.

What happens come Jan if we haven't heard? I know her money will stop but what about the mobility part, car and blue badge? Can we somehow keep paying or do we hand it back? This is first time we have had to reapply since mobility component was awarded

PixlePixie Wed 10-Dec-14 13:36:09

I came here to start a post asking how long child DLA reassessments were taking at the moment, and you've already asked a similar question. Would really appreciate finding out if anyone knows.

Sorry I can't help with your questions JellyCuris, hopefully someone with more knowledge with be along very soon!

ImaginaryPoster Wed 10-Dec-14 14:01:13

I know of people that have returned their forms well before the end date like you and have ended up running very close the the award ending before getting an answer. Some have even gone over and had everything stopped (car had to go back but because it's adapted the garage kept it until the DLA was awarded again)

I have even been told the backlog on new claims as meant they are taking priority over renewals. Don't know how true that is, it's worrying if it is.

DS runs out next year and I'm dreading it.

JellyCurls Wed 10-Dec-14 14:25:47

Thanks not really whT I want to hear at Xmas. Our cars isn't adapted but our other car has no space for wheelchair and I dread losing blue badge for schoolrun. Positive thoughts we hear back in time and award goes DDs way

ImaginaryPoster Wed 10-Dec-14 15:42:52

It all seems a lottery to me. They have some one hanging on for months and others are back in weeks.

Bowwowchikkawowwow Wed 10-Dec-14 22:54:22

Dla wasnt up but I requested a reconsideration. It was posted 7th Oct, decision was made last week.

DuploGiraffe Thu 11-Dec-14 06:45:02

Mine isn't a renewal but a new claim. Sent off on 1st October and still no decision. I agree that it seems to be a lottery.

bjkmummy Thu 11-Dec-14 07:04:24

mine is a new claim and they received it on 24/9 and still no decision whereas people have got their claims awarded quite quickly - it is a complete lottery and seems to be no real pattern to it - its just who's desk your file lands on it seems. mine is obviously at the bottom of someones pile somewhere

DuploGiraffe Thu 11-Dec-14 08:11:45

I rang DWP as soon as the lines opened this morning. They said they are working on claims from end of July/start of Aug at the moment so it will be some time before I hear shock

ImaginaryPoster Thu 11-Dec-14 09:59:56

DD2 claim was acknowledged on the 26th ish of September. 6 weeks later we had hers awarded so they are definately futher ahead than July/Aug. The people answering the phones seem to say random things and don't seem to know what is happening. I had one find DD2 claim on the system and add info to it. The next day another person claimed it wasn't on the system yet.

DuploGiraffe Thu 11-Dec-14 10:45:33

I just called back and got someone different who told me I would hear anytime now. I think Imaginary is spot on they don't know what is happening, certainly in my case anyway.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now