Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Thank you

(8 Posts)
2boysnamedR Sun 07-Dec-14 01:55:01

That's all really. I was nominated for ss and I know we are all in the same boat here. I'm know I'm not anywhere near being any good at given advice and I'm not the only person having a particularly hard year.

I did think twice about posting this here as we are all very non hugy. I do like the way when I'm falling apart I can come on here for my virtual slap and "pull yourself together for the sake of your child" advice.

Whatever happens with my boys I would be a hopeless place without MN. I have a lot to repay this board.

That's all.

Honk honk

Ineedmorepatience Sun 07-Dec-14 10:01:27

What is ss 2boys?

You are right, this place is awesome!! There is no where like it in real life!!

I wouldnt be where I am in terms of helping Dd3 if it wasnt for MNSN.

zzzzz Sun 07-Dec-14 21:24:20

SS = Secret Santa

Someone did it for me too shock

So lovely because feel utterly invisible at the moment. It made me cry, but in a good way. You are all so very very good.

Honk honk.

2boysnamedR Sun 07-Dec-14 23:26:41

Well no one who regularly posts on here is invisible to me. Zzzz you have helped me no end this year.

I'm feeling like my ds is totally NT and a academically very capable right now.

Ok he flaps, tip toe walks, cant wipe his bum etc but that's because I don't tell him to man up enough.

My toddler is mute because I'm a sh*t mum

Can't see where I'm at right now. Maybe everyone was right all along, it's just all in my head.

Either that or a lot of people are lying very very hard

ouryve Sun 07-Dec-14 23:32:01

(((2boys)))

I was pretty taken aback to be nominated, too. DS1 asked what it was about, when i got the nomination email through, and when I explained, he said I don't need it hmm

He keeps asking me what my code name is, now, though. He likes the idea now I have a secret code name grin

zzzzz Sun 07-Dec-14 23:43:28

2boys shit Mums never question if they are shit. They certainly don't post here.

Honk honk

MairEyaNewAlibi Sun 07-Dec-14 23:58:52

2boys- you've done a great job of ensuring your ds1 can pass as NT .... when evaluated by the wilfully stupid and/or by the exceptionally talented LA tale-spinners (who'd make even Hans Christian Anderson jealous)

Obviously the toddler speech thing is deliberate. You've ducktaped your own mouth to ensure you never talk to him, made sure no-one else does either, your TV remote is permanently set to the Taiwanese Parliament Channel... and you've burned all the books and toys from ds1 to make sure he doesn't get hold of them, just in case neurodevelopmental issues are contagious.

Thing is, if you had said "there's no issue, it's all in my head", these exact same people would now be claiming they do have problems, but it's all down to the mother's failure to notice and work on their minor delays, still, no point us getting involved... the issues are clearly complex and too deep rooted now for statutory services to get anywhere in dealing with.

Ignore them. Let them lie, cheat, whatever. You know what to do to get this right (just as well someone knows what they're doing) and regardless what any stranger thinks, you'll simply do 80% of what needs doing yourself.

When you've had some cake, a rest, dusted yourself off... then you can decide whether it's worth fighting to get them the other 20%

bjkmummy Mon 08-Dec-14 10:20:54

awww lovely that someone has nominated you xxx you are nearly at the end of the road now - the end is in sight and this awful part can finally be over - it hit me yesterday that I have been to tribunal in 2013, 2014 and will be there in 2015 - wonder if that's some kind of record??? and im still standing and am stronger for it with the help of everyone on here and you will be fantastic later this week and I will be rooting for you every step of the way x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now