Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

ASD diagnosis

(3 Posts)
2boysnamedR Fri 05-Dec-14 23:41:37

This appeal process is forcing me too see that I have to get ds tested. Faffing about on the nhs is not a option any more.

All recommendations welcome, anywhere in the uk. As long as the nhs will not dispute it. Digby tantam has been mentioned. I don't mind paying as long the nhs can not dispute it. Ds can't live like this. He deserves better from me

blanklook Sat 06-Dec-14 14:02:27

Which professionals do your LA or the NHS use for their own assessments?
Ask for a list.

Would one of them take you on as a private client? Would they use the tests that the LA/NHS would dispute if done by an un-recognised professional?

I have no idea if professionals accepted by LA/NHS in one area would be recognised or not by NHS/LA in a different area. You need to be absolutely rock solid on that before you start, as assessments just for things like exam concessions are quite pricey.

2boysnamedR Sat 06-Dec-14 15:52:55

Thanks. My toddlers pead is the only nhs pead on the NAS website so I had better start by asking her. Wether or not she will see him, I don't know.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now