Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

LA say they did not receive parents comments to draft statement [angry]

(5 Posts)
KeepOnKeepingOn1 Tue 02-Dec-14 08:46:18

The first draft was issued mid June (not a good time for me - I was largely 'up north' with my mum from April until she died in mid July). I delayed and asked for a meeting with the case worker and her boss at the end of July. A second draft was produced in September and I returned parental comments mid October and asked the LA to finalise.

Having phoned the LA yesterday, they denied receipt of parental comments. Unfortunately, DH did not send the letter by recorded delivery sad. I have to send the letter and enclosures (no further reports) again.

Can the LA now argue that they have a further 6 weeks to issue the final statement? Surely they should have either contacted me or finalised the statement without parental comments - they only cut and paste one paragraph FFS?

2boysnamedR Tue 02-Dec-14 09:13:50

Why do they do this? Can you say that you posted it and very concerned that the la has lost it? How do protect your personal data if that data could have been mislayed

I bet they have it

StarlightMcKenzie Tue 02-Dec-14 20:17:06

Are you going to have to appeal regardless? If so, send in your appeal ASAP and attach a copy of your letter as part of your reasons.

KeepOnKeepingOn1 Wed 03-Dec-14 15:54:18

Star confused - I am going to appeal anyway which is why I was waiting for the final. Do you mean send the appeal without waiting for the finalised statement?

MostHighlyFlavouredLady Wed 03-Dec-14 20:32:31

Sorry. I thought you had the final statement.

I don't think they can argue for another 6 weeks. The final statement must be issued within the timeframe stated at the beginning of the process.

Tis Star!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now