Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Looking for solocitor recommendations - pct and continuing care panel

(6 Posts)
Toots38 Fri 28-Nov-14 14:37:57

I need legal advice about to our PCT cutting our care package. It's unsafe to reduce our hours, I literally cannot stay awake any more hours to care for her safely. Does any one have any experience with these matters ?

Toots38 Fri 28-Nov-14 14:38:52

I can spell solicitor- promise! Argh I'm so tired.

Icimoi Fri 28-Nov-14 18:16:21

You need a solicitor specialising in community care law. Try firms like Bindmans, Leigh Day, Scott Moncrieffe, Maxwell Gillott, Irwin Mitchell.

Incidentally, why is the care package being provided by the PCT? It's normally the council's responsibility.

Toots38 Fri 28-Nov-14 19:10:08

icimoi thanks for the response. I've contacted Scott Moncrieffe already, I'll look into the other firms you mention.
Our package is provided by the council, not the PCT. I'm going a bit doolally!

2old2beamum Fri 28-Nov-14 21:29:45

May be talking out of my a..e but my 2 get Continuing Health Care from health and nothing from Social Services. But who you challenge not a clue
Good luck!!
Tired I know where you are!!

MeirAiaNeoAlibi Fri 28-Nov-14 23:37:02

Continuing care usually funded by health, but often delivered by social services. So complain to both! (Saves them playing pass the buck)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now