Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Glimpses into your child's mind.....

(11 Posts)
lougle Sat 22-Nov-14 21:53:47

Do you ever get a rare glimpse into the way your child's brain works?

Tonight, I was with DD2 at a party. She did really well. On the way home I said "oh you seem to get on well with x" "yes". "What do you like about X?"

Her reply: "Well we have a similar personality.... we're both in year 3 and we've lost the same number of teeth."

I say "Is that important to you?" DD2 replies bluntly "yes, of course hmm" <silly mother>

I was left both fascinated and flabbergasted.grin

Ineedmorepatience Sat 22-Nov-14 21:56:43

Ha ha ha ha grin

Your Dd2 is awesome and funny grin

lougle Sat 22-Nov-14 22:03:55

She is both of those things. She has amazed me with her willingness to try a new school.

but she's definitely not NT no matter who thinks she is

Yesterday she was playing a game on her tablet, sat next to my Dad. He said "DD2 are you enjoying that music playing and the sound effects?" DD2: "yes".

I said "DD2, when someone uses that tone of voice, they're usually trying to tell you that it's annoying them and they want you to turn it off."

DD2 "Oh smileblush" <turns music off>

Me: "Dad, subtle is not the way to go with DD2" grin

PolterGoose Sun 23-Nov-14 08:25:18

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

PinkShark Sun 23-Nov-14 08:39:34

excellent! smile

lougle Sun 23-Nov-14 09:13:48

The new school is very impressive, thanks Polter. The Head teacher is so very visible. DD3 has been tearful going into school and she's been really supportive of my reward chart, mentally keeping track and reminding DD3 how many ticks she's earned.

DD2's teacher is great. She prioritises happiness and friendships and is reassuring that she understands where DD2 is weaker, etc.

We haven't tried to pursue the SEN line -she's got two years in this class and so far is coping ok, so it doesn't seem to be a pressing need right now.

She's got a nice few friends, too, although I can see that she's not brilliant at engaging, then when she wants their attention she just repeats their name over and over, getting louder each time..... so far they're gracious.

How are all of you?

PolterGoose Sun 23-Nov-14 11:08:24

PolterGoose Sun 23-Nov-14 11:13:23

lougle Sun 23-Nov-14 11:48:25

Thank you smile I'm glad all is well.

I miss my presence here too! I'm just not sure I have much to add to threads here (I'm not sure EHC plans will achieve that much) and I can't keep up with the goose and carrot, which is where the lighthearted stuff happens smile

PolterGoose Sun 23-Nov-14 11:56:50

Ineedmorepatience Sun 23-Nov-14 16:23:43

Great news about the school lougle , I have also missed seeing you around on here. I am sure you have lots to add although the board has been a bit over run with stuff about tribunals lately sad

I look forward to not having to ever think about another one!!

I dont really do the G&C either, I am crap at social stuff even on anonymous internet forum!! Gee thats really bad isnt it! grin

Anyway nice to see you and love to hear about your quirky girlie, she is like mine wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now