Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

carers allowance query.

(5 Posts)
hashtagwhatever Sat 22-Nov-14 12:37:48

I receive carers allowance weekly for dd and I do work part time less than the £102 allowed.

This week the carers allowance has came in but for just £25 ?. What would be the reason for this, or is it just a mistake?

chocismydrug Sat 22-Nov-14 12:50:32

I would check with them. it is £62 per week and if you earn under the treshold you get all. if you are over the threshold, then you get nothing. £25 makes no sense.

did you check the award letter? It will tell you for which period it has been awarded. maxbe that explains it.

hashtagwhatever Sat 22-Nov-14 13:10:33

I have checked my award letter which just states the amount weekly @ £61.35 each week. Says nothing else. Sods law that their phoneline hours are Monday to Friday

chocismydrug Sat 22-Nov-14 13:21:45

mine always states the period but I am classed as an irregular earner and have to send in pay slips etc every few months and only get paid retrospectively.

hashtagwhatever Sat 22-Nov-14 21:52:27

That sounds a pain, my income is fixed so I'm confused. I suppose I will have to call Monday and find out.

Thanks for replying choc

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now