Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Carers allowance & income support

(4 Posts)
kkip17 Sat 22-Nov-14 11:58:18

Hi all I'm hoping someone will be able to help.

I am a single mum on IS with 2 children, my oldest was diagnosed with autism and giving the HRC DLA in June this year. When I visited the JCP yesterday I was informed that I can claim CA but will also be entitled to some IS, I checked this on the entitled to website when I got home and it says that I would get £61.35 CA and £45.25 IS, my question is does this sound right and if so how will it be sorted and do they backdate and also how long does a claim take, I will be sending forms off today. Sorry for all the questions and long post and thanks smile

fairgame Sat 22-Nov-14 14:40:03

Yes those amounts are right, your IS goes down to allow for the CA. IME CA is usually sorted pretty quickly i think mine was done in 2-4 weeks. I can't remember if it's backdated or not though sorry.

HamJAMspam Sat 22-Nov-14 14:43:57

I don't know anything about IS but carers allowance is backdated, not sure how many months but it must be a good few because I got a lovely surprise just before Christmas a couple of years ago of back dated CA totally approx £600.

kkip17 Sun 23-Nov-14 07:09:32

That is great grin thank you both so much for your help, I sent the forms off yesterday so fingers crossed it doesn't take too long. Thanks again smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now