Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Genetics results in post

(5 Posts)
2boysnamedR Thu 20-Nov-14 20:42:22

My toddler and seven year old both have sn so the toddler was tested in summer and found to have a inherited duplication. I shouldn't have been surprised, but I was. I was told over the phone and put the phone down in tears.

I asked for my older children to be tested and they was. I chased the results today and told they are being posted to me.

Where is the counciling? Not sure I want to open the letter now :0/

MooMummyMoo Thu 20-Nov-14 21:09:25

We got the results in the post each time for our subsequent children (DC1 has a chromosome disorder).

In our case we were lucky and all other children are clear of the syndrome but it was always a nervous experience opening the letter.

2boysnamedR Thu 20-Nov-14 22:44:37

I might open it when the kids are in bed with a glass / bottle of wine ready. Worse case senario is that both have it, but my eldest seems ( mostly) ok.

However after this my newborn might need testing. I might leave that for when she turns one

Tunna Thu 20-Nov-14 23:19:25

here for hand holding if you need it 2boys flowers

2boysnamedR Fri 21-Nov-14 00:50:02

Thank you, it's not a great time with the tribunal - but maybe if ds has the same dup it could be evidence as it's a known gene linked to language and autism ( surprise surprise)

Either way, his chances of out growing this was sealed many years ago, and that makes me sad.

I don't wait anymore for him to grow out of it, but I so wish he could.

He was asking me yesterday if I could hold my hand over my eye and see through it :0/ it did make me laugh. As he can. His mind is amazing, unfortunately not in any way that makes any sense! Love him

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now