Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Any Aspergers Parents filled in Appendix 1/Parents views for EHCP?

(17 Posts)
TheWrathofNaan Tue 18-Nov-14 14:28:50

I could really do with some help!

streakybacon Wed 19-Nov-14 09:00:18

I think my LA must have a different EHCP format to yours - Appendix 1 in mine is the One Page Profile.

In our case, the Parents' Views part came from the person centred planning meeting which formed the first draft and I amended that as necessary (there were lots of errors/misunderstandings), so in many ways I wrote that part myself.

Other information came from the Parents' Views submission I gave for the statement. That was issued July 13 and because my LA was a pathfinder for EHCP, we went straight into the new assessment using the reports gathered for the statement.

We're now on the fourth draft and expecting another before we finalise. You can go to as many drafts as necessary to get it right, so try not to stress over it.

wasuup2014 Wed 19-Nov-14 11:01:29

Have a look at IPSEA for some guidance.

TheWrathofNaan Wed 19-Nov-14 14:46:46

Sorry I have not been clear. We have the agreement to assess and the appendix 1 is the parents view 12 page form we have to fill in as part of the information gathering. WE don't have an ehcp currently.

IPSEA have nothing on their website about this form that I could find.

streakybacon Wed 19-Nov-14 15:11:04

Have you had a person centred planning meeting, with all those involved attending?

TheWrathofNaan Wed 19-Nov-14 16:52:45

No but I would think that is because they haven't decided to give a ehcp yet?

streakybacon Wed 19-Nov-14 17:33:37

It's part of the assessment process. Ask about it. It's an opportunity for everyone to contribute their views about the child/young person. Have a look at section 9 of the SEN COP 2014 about needs assessments.

wasuup2014 Wed 19-Nov-14 23:04:41

ThewrathofNaan - look at this link, ring ipsea if you don't undersatnd https://www.ipsea.org.uk/file-manager/SENlaw/ipsea-ehc-plan-checklist-july-2014.pdf

TheWrathofNaan Thu 20-Nov-14 19:18:58

Streaky- I rang them today. Asked them about the meeting. They are now coming this week. No one else has been invited just two women from the council. Who should attend?

I feel awful at this stuff, you guys all seem to know what your doing and I don't.

Wasuup- I have printed that document (which coincidently I couldn't find when I looked. See again how useless I am at this)

Where can I find the sen cop?

Tambaboy Thu 20-Nov-14 19:42:04

We had an initial meeting with just one of the ladies from the LEA. She came to our house and we basically had to go through again what we said in the "parental views". She would ask a few questions and write everything down . It was very relaxed and informal.
The next meeting was the multidisciplinary meeting with case officer, Senco, CT, Autism advisory teacher and us. That one was quite heavy going.

streakybacon Thu 20-Nov-14 19:52:26

I rang them today. Asked them about the meeting. They are now coming this week. No one else has been invited just two women from the council. Who should attend?

Everyone who has involvement with the child. For ds's, there was me, him, ed psych, Connexions chap, Transitions woman and the chap who runs the work experience programme ds uses. All LA people. Also the coordinator for Person Centred Planning from the SEN team. If he'd been a school attender we'd have had SENCo, class teacher etc all those who are involved. I could have invited more - his consultant psych for example, but he's private and costs a fortune wink.

Code of Practice here

streakybacon Thu 20-Nov-14 19:53:10

The part you want is Section 9 about Assessments.

streakybacon Thu 20-Nov-14 19:56:23

You might want to ask them to reschedule the meeting until you've had a chance to invite everyone you want to be there.

TheWrathofNaan Thu 20-Nov-14 20:15:57

Is it possible to get a copy of sen cop anywhere? I need section 9 and 10 so that's 140 pages so too much to print I think.

streakybacon Thu 20-Nov-14 20:21:42

I think you can buy it in print from Amazon, but it's not cheap (£25 shock).

I've PMd you, btw.

TheWrathofNaan Thu 27-Nov-14 12:35:23

They came on Tuesday supposedly to help me fill in appendix 1. They did not touch that and in fact came to ask my childs views- we felt totally ambushed. So disappointed and let down.

streakybacon Thu 27-Nov-14 16:29:50

Perhaps it was because the one page profile is meant to come from the child, how they want to be supported. I wrote my son's and submitted it from me, and also asked that he be added to the list of attendees. The latest draft has come back with his name on the list and saying that he contributed by giving the OPP.

If you're unsure, ask them if they have drawn up an OPP - you will get to see it anyway in the draft plan and it won't be finalised until you are happy with it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now