Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Sleep help needed

(3 Posts)
Louisajane27 Mon 17-Nov-14 12:06:10

Ds2 8months has brain damage and as a result has developmental delays and is unable to move/ roll over. Up until the last month he has been a good sleeper going to bed at seven and only waking up 1/2 times a night for a nappy change. But the last few weeks he has been waking up several times during the night as frequent as every 40mins wanting to be moved to a more comfortable position and then settles again.

Last week we had a TAC meeting and I raised the issue. His peadatrition increased his diazepam which has improved his muscle spasms but has not had an impact on him being uncomfortable at night. His ot has now ordered a sleep positioner but it will take at least 4 months to get and then the sleep clinic needs to check it overnight before he can use it! So for the mean time I'm using rolled up blankets and getting up constantly throughout the night to move him. Has anyone got any ideas or experience please? I'm starting to go crazy with the lack of sleep!

PolterGoose Mon 17-Nov-14 14:11:57

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Louisajane27 Mon 17-Nov-14 20:17:48

Thank you

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now