Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Help please, appealing parts 2, 3 & 4

(7 Posts)
Bowwowchikkawowwow Fri 14-Nov-14 14:54:20

I am finding this so much harder than I thought

Does amyone have any tips? What kind of layout? So far I have just quoted from statement and then bullet point, the reasons I disagree.

If i don't put enough detail, will the tribunal just say, no that statement looks fine.

Are there any good resources that anyone can recommend?

Finding the whole process so stressful.

AttilaTheMeerkat Fri 14-Nov-14 15:27:51

I would suggest you contact IPSEA as they could advise you on what the statement document should state.

Is the provision neither specified nor quantified?. Whats the situation re part 4?.

fairgame Fri 14-Nov-14 15:50:16

I appealed 2,3 and 4 earlier this year. Definitely contact IPSEA or SEN:SOS for some advice.
I managed to legal aid and my solicitor did most of the work but it was still very stressful.
When she filled in the appeal form she wrote what we would like part 2 to say. Then for part 3 she said which paragraphs needed to come out and why, which paragraphs needed to be changed and why, and what we wanted adding and why. All of the things that we wanted adding she referenced to reports so that there was evidence that it was all true and was needed. She sent all of the reports in with the appeal.
For part 4 she put what school we wanted but i don't think she went into lots of detail as to why as we hadn't got a confirmed offer of a place at that point.
How far along the process are you?

KeepOnKeepingOn1 Fri 14-Nov-14 16:15:36

What you need to next depends on what you have already done smile

I would advise contacting IPSEA tribunal helpline. But when it comes to the working document they can have experience with layout and case law but are heavily dependant on expert reports for the actual content. Most NHS/LA reports are not good enough because they are deliberately vague. Do you have Indi reports?

Bowwowchikkawowwow Sat 15-Nov-14 22:38:14

My independents are booked for December and January. as you say the NHS reports are pretty poor.

The school I want to name, has agreed that they have a place for him.

I have found a company who are not solicitors but they deal with educational tribunals, so that has taken some of the stress off.

Icimoi Sun 16-Nov-14 11:41:16

There's some very helpful information on the SOS SEN website on this.

Ineedmorepatience Mon 17-Nov-14 07:50:24

Hi bow, I would ask your advisor for help. I have used an advisor and when I was writing my evidence for our fisrt tribunal it was very much a team effort.

I also agree about IPSEA.

Good luck flowers

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: