Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Proposed statement amendments

(6 Posts)
Thankgoodnessforcheerios Thu 13-Nov-14 21:25:49

I have just made amendments to my DS's proposed statement. What was an 8 page document now has 13 pages. Honks for a good outcome!

I have just consumed a whole jar of nutella and bread sticks in the process blush, I will save the wine for tomorrow night in case I accidently call them all f**king t*ats. grin

Thanks for all the advice and I promise to try to offer advice in the future to posters who may be in the same position I am as I have been a bit selfish lately. thanks

CurrerBell Fri 14-Nov-14 09:37:09

I'm doing this at the moment too. Rubbish isn't it... Don't even know where to start with ours!

Are you meeting with the LA to discuss the amendments?

StarlightMcKenzie Fri 14-Nov-14 10:48:44

Good luck Thankgoodness and Currer. It's one heck of a process isn't it?

Thankgoodnessforcheerios Sat 15-Nov-14 11:15:38

currer I have sent my amendments and named the school in part 4 so am waiting to hear from them.

I trawled through all the appendices they used and highlighted all the information I felt should be in the statement, added it if it wasn't there and made reference to it. I also went on the Ipsea website and Sossen website, some very useful info there.

Oh and I also added my son's 2 diagnosed conditions which they had failed to mention! Good luck and I got lots of advice from posting here.

Thanks starlight

Tambaboy Sat 15-Nov-14 17:06:27

We received Ds' s amended EHC plan the other day. They included 90% of the proposed amendments but they conveniently left out any ongoing OT or SALT involvement. We'll try again and failing that we'll finalise and appeal.
Good luck

Thankgoodnessforcheerios Mon 17-Nov-14 08:33:50

Good luck Tamaboy

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now