Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Toys r us autism friendly & additional needs day

(5 Posts)
Osospecial Tue 11-Nov-14 16:56:49

In case this is of interest to anybody
On November 30th every toys r us store in the uk are holding a autism and additional needs exclusive shopping event with things like reduced fluorescent lighting, no loud music or tannoy announcements, all staff provided with parent led autism awareness training, quick and efficient access to tills are promised etc. 9am-11am, tills don't open until 11am though.(had a leaflet from school about it today)

fairgame Tue 11-Nov-14 18:46:15

oh i've just done a thread on this, i didn't see yours sorry blush

blackeyedsusie Wed 12-Nov-14 00:15:38

so good posted it twice fair. think of it as helping out the exhausted, and distracted of us.

Icimoi Wed 12-Nov-14 13:34:52

Sounds a great initiative, but isn't it still going to be an awful lot of sensory overload with all those brightly coloured toys?

Carlaka Tue 25-Nov-14 09:28:01

I think this is great there doing this with staff being made more aware of autism. But straight away for me there missing the concept of it..tills don't open till 11am? Tills should be open from the word go because my son wouldn't last longer than 10 minutes in there..

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now