Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Asperger's book for nine year old girl

(6 Posts)
thedevilinside Wed 05-Nov-14 22:47:01

DD is not diagnosed as yet, and up until now has coped fine, but she is starting to show signs of anxiety, so this is the point where I would like to get her referred. In the meantime I would like her to read about aspergers in girls (she is an advanced reader) Which book do you think would be best? I have the Tony Attwood book, but the language is too advanced for her. Rudy Simone, Girl with the Curly Hair, Tanya Marshall, do you think she would understand any of those?

Ineedmorepatience Thu 06-Nov-14 08:02:15

Hi tdi I have a Dd with Asd/Aspergers.
She really loves the book "Inside Aspergers, Looking out"

It is actually a very simple book with fantastic photographs but it gives some very good info.

Good luck smile

PolterGoose Thu 06-Nov-14 09:25:19

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

thedevilinside Thu 06-Nov-14 13:25:38

Thanks for the suggestions, will investigate them all

ohtobeanonymous Thu 06-Nov-14 19:35:32

I second the recommendation for Inside Aspergers LookingOut. Thought it looked too simple and a bit patronising myself (NT!) but it resonated so strongly with my DD - she wanted to show it to everyone so they would 'understand' her.

Haggismcbaggis Thu 06-Nov-14 20:11:22

We told our DS when he was just about to turn 9. We got him the Dude I'm an Aspie book. It's cartoon style and although DS has very high IQ etc we wanted to give him something straightforward and written by someone with ASD to start with.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now