Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

No exclusion letter received.

(6 Posts)
xenzani Fri 31-Oct-14 09:42:29

Dd was given a fixed term exclusion last wednesday. most likey would have been permanent had the timing been different and not gotten the place at the PRU which was done under a positive referral last month. They held of making the decision until they heard about the placement, the panel for it met the day after the exclusion took place.

Was told last thursday it was a fixed term exclusion starting from the Wednesday going up to when she would start at the pru, hopefully next week (half term this week).

However, I have not received any letter or anything in writing about the exclusion.

That in itself is an illegal exclusion, right?

Icimoi Fri 31-Oct-14 13:31:57

Yes.

Have you definitely got a place at the PRU? If not, are you taking her back to school on Monday?

xenzani Fri 31-Oct-14 15:46:18

Yes, she definitely has, or at least that is what I have been told. Just waiting on a call from them with details.

Icimoi Fri 31-Oct-14 17:42:14

Have they phoned you yet? If they've left this till late on Friday it seems very late indeed.

I suggest you enter a formal complaint with the school anyway re the illegal exclusion.

Has dd got a statement? Are they going to be able to provide for her needs properly at the PRU?

xenzani Sat 01-Nov-14 00:32:05

Most likely will get a call from the PRU next week.

No statement but working on it. Views from behaviour support and EP taken and being sent in. Parental views have been sent in too. Just under three weeks time is the deadline for those.

PRU should be able to meet her needs temporarily, it's a very good one apparently and have a lot of support for various needs internally.

So definitely an illegal exclusion then? Another way the school have failed dd. The exclusions and the fact that dd managed to run out of school and get halfway home are more reasons they have failed her, on top of practically ignoring her needs. Add the lies I have been told, I shall be taking things further.

xenzani Sat 01-Nov-14 00:32:55

Just adding that lack of call from the unit is likely down to half term.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now