Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

I think I met a good (LA!) EP today

(4 Posts)
KeepOnKeepingOn1 Tue 01-Apr-14 17:44:43

Not what I was expecting but it is April Fool's Day

I sort of know of that 'the enlightened' exist because they post here ... but I have never met one in real life.

'DS2 was compliant but petrified.'

Disengaged - can't access the curriculum. Can't understand refusal to assess. BJK - 'maybe because he was not 2 years behind' - 'don't you mean 6 years' - she said SENCOP and SENDIST know this is rubbish and DC with medical diagnoses don't need to be behind at all.

She said school are reporting that he has come on leaps and bounds but this does not tally with what she saw whereas what parents reported did

Will reserve judgement til I receive the written report but could have snogged her on the spot. grin

ouryve Tue 01-Apr-14 19:10:04

Sounds promising. Our experiences with LA EPs have all been positive and that's with 2 different EPs. One of them found it a bit hard to understand DS2's actions, but he was still instrumental in making sure he started school with a statement in place, which is how it bloody well should be for so many of our children.

PolterGoose Tue 01-Apr-14 20:02:37

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

trulymadlydeeplyunlikeable Tue 01-Apr-14 20:15:50

shock Oh I want your La Ep !!! Agree with Polter though, write it all down and follow with friendly email.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now