Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

met with Ed Psych today

(3 Posts)
Thankgoodnessforcheerios Tue 01-Apr-14 15:44:49

I met with an Ed Psych today, my DS is 2 and a half so it was to discuss nursery placement. She mentioned an IEP and getting the process started, it was just a general chat, she didn't ask much about him, just what professionals he had seen so far, and she said my DS will be allocated his own Ed Psych- (not her). Just reading through some of the posts on here and can see that the general feeling is that IEP's are not that great and a statement is the one to go for, or have I got it completely wrong. Or do I not need to worry about a statement until school. Sorry if I sound very clueless confused

grants1000 Tue 01-Apr-14 16:12:42

You have to go throught the IEP process which sets targets and measures improvments. Is the Ed Psych going to do a full assesment? IEP's are only as good as the school and the people doing them. My DS had once since reception and it worked well enough for him. I've never heard of a statement in a nursery, but I could be wrong.

Thankgoodnessforcheerios Tue 01-Apr-14 16:50:47

Thanks grants, I think I was getting confused with a ECHP. Yes he will have a full assessment by a different Ed Psych. I am hoping we will have a diagnosis everything will be in place for him before he starts nursery.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now