Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

anyone with experience of sen tribunal please help

(5 Posts)
sticksandstones471 Tue 01-Apr-14 12:55:33

am appealing ds statement part 2 and 3 through sendist. have had indie salt and ot reports as the statement didnt contain any salt or ot as nhs discharged ds.
the indie reports recomended that ds has weekly salt session s and ta trained in slt to deliver continuous therapy through out the school day.

now the problem im having is ds has his ms school named in part 4. (im not appealing part 4 as happy with placement) but la want to change this to slt unit as its cheaper for them to provide the recomended provision rather than ms. ds is settled in his current school and has made friends and doesnt respond well to change - anxiety. can they channge part 4 if im not appealing it and they have already named ms?
thanks

ouryve Tue 01-Apr-14 16:23:19

It's often considered bad form to move a child who is doing well and settled in a school and certainly not to save money. It might get more difficult if the LA persuaded the current school that they couldn't support your DS, any more, however.

sticksandstones471 Tue 01-Apr-14 17:29:00

hmm I wouldnt put anything past my la tbh sad
although not sure how ms could suggest they couldn't meet his needs as he has 27 hrs support from ta and the only other implications would be slt training and a salt visiting the school weekly.

zen1 Tue 01-Apr-14 19:12:40

I recently appealed parts 2 and 3 on similar grounds to yourself. I was also concerned that with all the extra provisions, the LA might try and move DS to an ASD unit (they didn't want him to go to MS in the first place), but was told (I think by IPSEA) that because I haven't 'opened' part 4 as part of the appeal, the LA would not be able to make any changes to that part.

sticksandstones471 Tue 01-Apr-14 20:28:03

great thankyou zen that is exactly what I wanted to hear smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now