Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Statement materials

(4 Posts)
JJXM Mon 31-Mar-14 17:54:57

Does anyone have any good links to resources which show good practice in statements - I'm specifically after something which will help me tighten up part 3 to make it more specific.

Thanks.

TOWIESpringHasSprung Mon 31-Mar-14 18:00:26

You will also probably need to tighten up part 2 as well. Part 2 being the detail of needs (and/or dx) and part 3 being the "prescription" to those needs (a bit like a doctor's prescription). Without part 2 being correct, part 3 won't stand a chance of being right.

There is case law that LAs should do each part of the statement in strict order - therefore you can't do part 3 until part 2 has been tightened up.

JJXM Mon 31-Mar-14 20:53:41

Part 2 is quite good as all the reports were definitive and in agreement - all his needs are addressed - before reading the statement for the second time, I wrote a list of all of his needs and they are all in the statement. I just need Part 3 to be quantified.

How long are most statements?

armani Mon 31-Mar-14 22:41:59

dds is about 8 pages, although not sure if thats any help as at the moment its full of rubbish.
seems like you are having the same problems as me - part 2 accurately describes needs but the provision in part 3 to meet the needs is dire sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now