Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Ten weeks after sa started no formal decision letter. Two weeks after the deadline no nil sent. Please tell me I can appeal now?

(6 Posts)
2boysnamedR Mon 31-Mar-14 17:02:20

Surely 12 weeks after the start of statutory assessment if I still do not have a formal decision letter I can appeal? I was told via email it's a nil but nothing formal and the deadline was last week

TOWIESpringHasSprung Mon 31-Mar-14 17:57:00

Phone the LGO hotline - it'll be on their website. Normally the LGO can't act before you've gone through the official LA complaints process - but in some cases, if the matter is urgent, then they can act sooner - and if you are running out of time to lodge an appeal, I would imagine that this is now becoming urgent. Phone them and ask their advice.

2boysnamedR Mon 31-Mar-14 18:12:09

Sorry - what's the LGO? Local government office?

Ineedmorepatience Mon 31-Mar-14 18:20:58

Local Government Ombudsman.

They are supposed to look into matters like this :-)

ouryve Mon 31-Mar-14 19:18:39

I would treat your email as a formal letter, as they probably are.

WetAugust Mon 31-Mar-14 19:22:10

Sorry - I answered your other thread before seeing this one.

Being told by email that the LA has refused to issue a Statement (because they will be issuing a NIL) is sufficient evidence to start an appeal.

I'd hedge my bets and lodge a SEND appeal now. What can they do - say you have to wait for a different form of communication, commincating the same decision?

LGO is worth a shot but if you have a tame Local Councillor they can put the pressue on for you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now