Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Nhs dx in herts

(14 Posts)
Skylar123 Sat 29-Mar-14 09:15:00

Hello,
Any herts posters out there that would be willing to share their experiences with obtaining nhs dx in hertfordshire (hfa, aspergers) outcomes, different dx, no dx, time scales, etc
Thank you in advance smile

Handywoman Sat 29-Mar-14 10:03:16

have PM'd you smile

oddgirl Sat 29-Mar-14 11:45:36

We had difficulties in herts (what a surprise) in the end we went for an NHS referral to Great Ormond Street and they were fantastic and we came out with an accurate thorough assessment which has formed the backbone of the support DS now receives as well as getting him statemented...herts services just didn't work for us. Feel free to pm me if you want more specifics. HTH

2old2beamum Sat 29-Mar-14 11:50:55

Chid adopted from Herts, many problems reared their ugly heads post adoption. To sum it up shambolic.
PM me if you like.

Skylar123 Sat 29-Mar-14 12:34:38

Thank you have pm'd you. Thanks handy smile

ThreeBeeOneGee Sat 29-Mar-14 12:38:30

We went to GP with our concerns.
GP referred it on to community paediatrician.
Community paediatrician referred it on to Harper House.
Harper House did an assessment and gave the diagnosis there and then.

Total time: 18 months.

Skylar123 Sat 29-Mar-14 12:45:21

Thanks threebees. Community paed didn't refer us to harder house, I wish she had tbh. She is part of Ds assessment next week aswell as SALt doing ADOS. I think she has final say.

Skylar123 Sat 29-Mar-14 12:46:28

Threebees what was the dx if you don't mind me asking

ThreeBeeOneGee Sat 29-Mar-14 12:52:40

The community paediatrician diagnosed ADHD and Harper House diagnosed Asperger's/ASD.
I suspect he also has dyspraxia and possibly hypermobility, but further assessments wouldn't result in extra help or support, so we're leaving it as it is for now.

Jacksterbear Sat 29-Mar-14 13:11:57

N. Herts here. We pursued private and NHS assessment in parallel. In chronological order (this was last year):

April - GP referral to CDC.
June - saw private paed - dx of SPD & anxiety and referral to Elizabeth Newson centre for their opinion on PDA.
Aug - NHS SALT assessment - "no issues".
Sept - saw community paed at CDC. Agreed with SPD and anxiety dx, and "symptoms of PDA" but "not ASD". Referred to CAMHS.
Oct - assessed at ENC. Dx of ASD with a PDA profile.
Dec - seen at CAMHS. Discharged as they said DS' anxiety down to ASD not a separate MH issue. Referred us back to CDC.
Jan this yr - NHS OT workshop but no further help offered.
Now - waiting to hear again from CDC!

Skylar123 Sat 29-Mar-14 13:22:42

Oh what a pallava! So you have a dx of asd with PDA profile, have CDAC agreed this. Do they need to agree, is this what you are waiting for.
Camhs discharged my Ds too last week after one appointment saying that his anxiety was down to his autism for which he has a indi dx, awaiting CDAC soon. I doubt he will get nhs dx at assessment this time round as they seem completely incapable of knowing what they are actually talking about.

Skylar123 Sat 29-Mar-14 13:24:04

Did you pay for ENC?

Ineedmorepatience Sat 29-Mar-14 14:40:52

jackster I have pm'ed you smile

No knowledge about Herts sorry skylar

Jacksterbear Sat 29-Mar-14 16:26:41

Skylar yes we funded enc privately (with family help!). Is cdac same as CDC? We are waiting to see if they will either re-open the assessment or just confirm the private dx, yes.

Not really confident in CDC since they said "not ASD" but "possibly PDA" which makes no sense - even the CAMHS lady said this was contradictory! confused

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now