Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

What is a STAR assessment please?

(7 Posts)
coff33pot Thu 27-Mar-14 21:17:01

Want to know what I am letting myself in for. A 'chat' with a like minded person referred by and works in support for social services on the disabled side (which was lovely) has now turned into this person being asked to do this 'star assessment' I haven't agreed as just a message left x

GillTheGiraffe Thu 27-Mar-14 22:41:36

Situation
Task
Action
Result

??

PolterGoose Thu 27-Mar-14 22:45:00

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

coff33pot Fri 28-Mar-14 00:00:59

Ohhhh good grief.......

Guess the only thing feeling pointy and sharp will be me then. Best give it a miss for the poor woman's sake

NoHaudinMaWheest Fri 28-Mar-14 21:02:15

If it is the family star version you are being asked to do definitely avoid.
I agreed then found it extremely patronising and not adapted at all for families with disabilities/special needs.

coff33pot Fri 28-Mar-14 21:38:47

I think I am going to avoid it if I can. Doubt it though somehow as made the mistake of asking for a bit of support during a huge meltdown day. Now they want to know everything including my shoe size. Wanted someone to chat to there and the. Not weeks of assessments asking personal crap and a lot I don't want to talk about in the first place. once you ask you never get rid stupid stupid coff33

NoHaudinMaWheest Fri 28-Mar-14 22:33:54

You're not stupid Coff just in need of support which unfortunately is so often not available in the form you actually need.

You are free to say no. I did. They were a bit huffy about it but as not in a child protection situation they said they couldn't make me.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now