Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

just completely lost it as dd, feel awful now and wonder if she will keep it in her mind :(

(6 Posts)
greener2 Thu 27-Mar-14 20:49:04

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ilikemysleep Thu 27-Mar-14 22:23:48

We've all been there. I once clouted my 10 year old round the head in an entirely unconscious gesture when he aggressively ran at my 2 year old in a meltdown, it was entirely instinctive protective action for my toddler, but of course I should never have done it. If it were me, i'd apologise, tell her you should not have lost your temper and hit her, but remind her that you lost your temper because she was behaving badly and not responding to you asking her to stop, and so both of you were wrong with what you did. Then ask her to apologise for her part in the behaviour, have a hug, and make up.

ilikemysleep Thu 27-Mar-14 22:25:09

I might add in the important message that no-one gets their behaviour right all the time, even mums and dads make mistakes as they go along...

greener2 Fri 28-Mar-14 12:11:18

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ilikemysleep Fri 28-Mar-14 12:29:34

Good idea. Whenever I get the house to myself I have a nap, lol, funny how my aspirations have changed!!

Levantine Fri 28-Mar-14 16:14:01

I lost my temper with ds last week when he kept chucking a coin into an empty bath after a long day. Aargh the noise. Anyway, I turned it into a learning opportunity grin. I apiologised profusely, I explained that everyone has red beasts (if your dc has anger problems and is younger than 7ish then I would really recommend the book The Red Beast) and that mine had got the better of me. DS said he had the worst red beast of all and we had a good chat about it. But really, the only thing that matters is that you apologise. Everyone loses it sometimes , it is hard work

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now