Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

is this normal?

(3 Posts)
frankiebuns Thu 27-Mar-14 10:40:23

My ds is 3 1/2 years old, is loving, kind, bossy, a typical boy but.... he hates different textures ie clothes foods coats, I put a t shirt on him with a printed picture on a few days ago he went nuts and took it off all his clothes have to be plain no pictures no badges etc, his trousers have to have cuffs at the bottom otherwise he goes mental nd refuses to wear them, the only solid foods he will eat are crisps malted milk biscuits petit filous yoghurt, the dr told me to not give him baby food just normal food he went 9 days without eating so I gave up! Is this normal I'm at my wits end my mum keeps assuring me he won't be doing it when he's 10 but that's not much help, he loves making cakes and he likes to taste the ingredients and I've tried leavin bowls out for him to try on his own but they get crumbled up dropped squashed or fed to the dog! I know its not a phase he's been like it since he was 2!

PolterGoose Thu 27-Mar-14 10:49:10

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

frankiebuns Thu 27-Mar-14 12:16:34

Thanku, at first they thought he was autistic as he has an iq of a seven year old but they decided he wasn't, I dnt want to label my son but want help as its getting to me I'm pregnant again and thinking I'll wean them together which apparently helped my bro as he was exactly the same! He is now 34 and will only eat chips crisps cheese slice sandwiches and chocolate and mc donalds. Me on the other hand will eat anything my mum was so pleased when I would eat that she gve me the problem of being podgy and overweight! He also hates number 2s will loook at it after he has produced it but refuses to go to the loo to do it so it ends up in his pants which is frustrating! I think its also got sumthing to do with it. He used to eat cheese a and grapes but not now it all went down hill at about 2 years old.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now