Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

caf meeting!

(5 Posts)
POPPYGIRL3 Tue 25-Mar-14 09:04:14

can anyone give me any advice please I have my 1st CAF meeting on the 3rd April for my son and really dont know what to expect ...

MiniSoksMakeHardWork Tue 25-Mar-14 14:21:12

We had our first about a month ago. Our second is Thursday. It was quite informal really. We had a HV, the HV team's nursery nurse, our preschool manager and ds' key worker. Our home start rep and children's centre support worker were unable to make it. I believe the child development centre team who are seeing ds were invited, although they did not attend.

We explained how ds is, how this affects us as a family and so on. Preschool spoke about how he is there (almost completely different). They made notes. We were given a couple of forms to fill in for this time. although I think they should have been filled in there.

Some action points for us and for them to do. Will let you know how it goes Thursday!

POPPYGIRL3 Sat 29-Mar-14 15:43:39

Thanks for letting me know our app is this Thursday, our ds left mainstream school last November and this has just been arranged for him I know his Physio therapist he used to see has been invited and a OT who saw him at the dcd hospital when he was 7 , she has only once contacted us so wil be fun seeing her! also his cyps's nurse is invited and cyp's physciatrist who just saw him so I wonder who will turn up on the day x

POPPYGIRL3 Wed 02-Apr-14 10:08:05

really stressed as tomorow is my caf for our son , soooo worried x

MiniSoksMakeHardWork Wed 02-Apr-14 20:56:21

Well we had the same attendance as last time. Very disappointing really although I appreciate the cdc have lots of children to see so can't really facilitate time out unless essential.

Ds now has a visual timetable for both home and preschool so he knows what is coming. We can add into it. Not sure how much help it's going to be as ds knows when things need to be done, it's the actual doing them which seems to be an issue.

Talked about how the most recent appointment went with paeds (back to square one). And how we are still no further forward with actually helping ds!

Since the meeting we were to told we could have respite for him/us. But the offer was withdrawn due to a borders issue - we live in one but healthcare comes from over the border. We're seriously considering changing drs surgeries to see if it helps.

Oh, and we've got more forms to fill out about the children in our family! Why we weren't given these at the same time as the last lot is beyond me as it's the same form, just says children instead of parents.

Sending you very best wishes for tomorrow. Hope you get a good attendance as it certainly helps when you don't have to feedback x says this and y says that, much better if it can come from that person. Would have helped me feel less of a fraud.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now