Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Center Parcs childcare can provide 1:1 support

(10 Posts)
everydayaschoolday Tue 25-Mar-14 00:11:18

DD2 (2 years 10 months) has CP and a statement. We've booked CP Nottingham for a week at Easter.

Just to let others know that the childcare facility there can provide 1:1 support (call in advance when making the booking to let them know so they can appropriately manage their manning) at no extra cost and no statement is required to be eligible.

I just thought that was really good (inclusive) service.

autumnsmum Tue 25-Mar-14 05:56:42

That's really impressive everyday thanks for sharing that

chocolateisheaven1 Tue 25-Mar-14 09:18:46

That is really useful to know everyday. Have you been to centreparks before? Would you reccomend it in relation to additional needs or disability (e.g cp). About the childcare you mention, is that for toddler activities or is it a facility that families can use if they have older chilren as well as younger ones, so that parents can do an older child activity while the baby or toddler gets to play in the nursery type room? My ds is coming up to 2.5 and am interested if this type of holiday would suit. Its nice to know that some holiday companies are doing the extras for sn.

bjkmummy Tue 25-Mar-14 09:35:03

i know they did this as a friend who has autistic twin girls went and they provided childcare for both girls. we are going to sherwood forest in july so will look into it as well as ive got two with ASD.

centre parcs seems to be really good for kids with disabilites - we had a great time when we went last year although it was the weekend before my tribunal so spent my time preparing for that! hence why we decided to go again this year and actually enjoy it. i would thoroughly recommend it and the staff there all seem really helpful - the accomodation is all on one level and pretty spacious

chocolateisheaven1 Tue 25-Mar-14 11:51:30

That is really useful to know everyday. Have you been to centreparks before? Would you reccomend it in relation to additional needs or disability (e.g cp). About the childcare you mention, is that for toddler activities or is it a facility that families can use if they have older chilren as well as younger ones, so that parents can do an older child activity while the baby or toddler gets to play in the nursery type room? My ds is coming up to 2.5 and am interested if this type of holiday would suit. Its nice to know that some holiday companies are doing the extras for sn.

SisterChristina Tue 25-Mar-14 12:40:20

We have had many happy and v relaxed trips to center parcs, and it's been fab being able to leave ds 1 (asd) in the time out club with a one to one. He has a great time! It used to be that you paid for the session and got the 1:1 at no extra cost but now you get the session free and pay the 1:1 (around £6ph)

Only snag is that the time out club only goes up to age 8 so after his year I don't know what we'll do!

youarewinning Tue 25-Mar-14 13:01:07

That's good to know. We have booked CP longleat in August. Although DS is 9 so would use a kids club it's good to know it's there if we need it.

I'll also add another good thing I was told. When I booked I filled in the box to tick my DS is disabled. When ringing about some of the kids activities (re him SN) the lady I spoke to said we could ring the park direct and ask about having access to the pool earlier than 2pm on day of arrival. She said CP understands some children with SN will be limited to what they can access and so they ensure there is enough for them.

It's great they are so inclusive - I've not come across anywhere not this before.

everydayaschoolday Tue 25-Mar-14 13:52:26

Sorry, just read back my OP and noticed that might have been confusing - DD2 has cerebral palsy and we're going to Centre Parcs Nottingham. Two CP abbreviations in the one post was poor appreciation! Although everyone has been very nice and overlooked my buffoonery...

ChocolateisHeaven1 the childcare (called the Time Out Club) covers a span of ages. There is a creche for 3-23 months; creche for 24-35 months; and then activity sessions (unaccompanied by parent) for the older age group 3-7 years which are: Chef's Academy, Fairy & Wizard Academy, Pyjama Party, Party Hour, Pirate and Princess Party. Some are 3 hours some are 1 hour. So we've got DD1 (NT), nearly 6, in the Chef's Academy at the same time as DD2 (CP) is in the creche. While DH and I have some grown-up time on the badminton court and a coffee afterwards. We're picking kids up in time for lunch smile

We're paying for the session, and getting the 1:1 for no additional cost. For 3 hours (9am-noon) it's costing us £21.50 for DD2 in the creche and £21 for DD1 in the Chef's Academy.

Not all accommodation is on the same level - depends what you book. We have a 4-bed 2-story adapted villa booked (we have masses of 5 kids - 2 together and I have 3 lovely DSDs). The adapted bedroom is on the ground floor, with all the living space. The other 3 bedrooms are upstairs.

We go to Center Parcs twice per year (we have no foreign holiday) - Easter and Winter Wonderland. We love it as it caters across the age ranges of the kids (20, 18, 14, 6 and 3). It is eye-wateringly expensive in school holidays but we self-cater, bring our own bikes, use the 'free' included facilities: pool, play park, man-made beach, forest walks, softplay areas in the restaurants (stop in for coffee and cake!), feed ducks and squirrels etc. The kids budget stretches to one pay-for activity each with their pocket money smile

everydayaschoolday Tue 25-Mar-14 13:58:58

The text below is the 'Terms & Conditions' page about the Timeout Club copy and pasted direct from Center Parcs internet page:

Children's Activities

Children's Clubs
Infants Under 3 years
Children Under 7 years
Older Children 8yrs & Over

Timeout Club - Special Care
Each Time Out Club has a staff to child ratio as specified by Ofsted. If your child has Special Needs, please let us know when booking so we can discuss which sessions would be most suitable. Please call:

Elveden Timeout Club: 01842 894421

Longleat Timeout Club: 01985 848091

Sherwood Timeout Club: 01623 827532

Whinfell Timeout Club: 01768 893000 ext 3503

The only medication Time Out Club Staff are permitted to administer is an EPI-PEN. If your child has been prescribed an EPI-PEN, please tell us when you book and bring it with you, ensuring the date is valid, or they will not be able to join the session. If your children have recently had a contagious or infectious illness, please tell us prior to the session.

If you have any questions about The Time Out Club and Ofsted registration, please call 0845 601 4772 or write to Ofsted Early Years Inspector, 3rd Floor, Royal Exchange Buildings, St Anne's Square, Manchester. M2 7LA (www.ofsted.gov.uk) or e-mail enquiries@ofsted.gov.uk

youarewinning Tue 25-Mar-14 14:12:50

The only time out club session available during our stay clashes with his raft building session.

Altho I may win a prize for having a child with SN and an epipen grin it's so lovely to know despite this CP will cater for him. (Not that he'd go anyway!)

I wonder of there's any award type things for companies in recognition of their inclusion policies?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now